UTXMP Public Beta 2 Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Word comes in from Free Monkey Interactive that the latest patch for UTXMP, the long awaited Beta 2, has finally been released. This release has over 190 bugfixes, an updated particle system, and a more U2XMP-like experience. The update is available in both Patch and Full Version forms. Here's the links!

Download UTXMP Beta 2 Patch from BeyondUnreal FileWorks (86 MB EXE)
Download UTXMP Beta 2 Patch from BeyondUnreal FileWorks (102 MB ZIP)
Download UTXMP Full Install Beta 2 from BeyondUnreal FileWorks (279 MB EXE)

sp3tt

Jun 19, 2005
And now you'd better download this, because XMP is almost dead. Let's give it some more life.

sp3tt

Jun 19, 2005
Iceboy2003 said:
"4/5 U2XMP die hards agree"

0.5 out of 1 sp3tts agree.
Sure, it is nice. BUT!
The hud still sucks ass. The grenade launchers - wtf? One grenade every minute? And the raptor.. let's not talk about that.

sp3tt said:
0.5 out of 1 sp3tts agree.
Sure, it is nice. BUT!
The hud still sucks ass. The grenade launchers - wtf? One grenade every minute? And the raptor.. let's not talk about that.

Hey guess what, don't play it then. They just released one hell of a patch, FFS it's still a beta. Wait...I will not go thru this explaining to noobs ALL OVER again. Have fun with the mod...:lol:

sp3tt

Jun 19, 2005
It is playable, it has XMP in its name, but it is not XMP yet. The hud is just horrible - artifacts to the right?

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
OK, now replace that retarded Crazy Frog that had been there for too long (and should NOT have been there at all) on the top right of the front page of BU with some nice UTXMP shot.

Thanks

Darkstar(nl)

Unreal Gamer
Jul 21, 2005
www.getphpbb.com
The Jackal-XMP said:
Hey guess what, don't play it then. They just released one hell of a patch, FFS it's still a beta. Wait...I will not go thru this explaining to noobs ALL OVER again. Have fun with the mod...:lol:
You got my vote.
You get beta you play with bugs.

sp3tt

Jun 19, 2005
fuegerstef said:
OK, now replace that retarded Crazy Frog that had been there for too long (and should NOT have been there at all) on the top right of the front page of BU with some nice UTXMP shot.

Thanks

Just, no! That voicepack is hilarious!

DocB

Where does it hurt?
Apr 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Big improvement.

Free Monkey has done a very admirable job at squishing bugs and improving playability between b1 and b2. :tup:

UnRealist

Lame_and_inaccurate_flak_ spammer!
Feb 14, 2004
Lublin, east of Poland
The mod is simply great, for me it's more fun than ONS, even with those few bugs - it's just pure fun! :) Keep it up, FM! :clap: :rockon:

As for the frog - I hate it too, kill it! :mad: Or maybe we should have a poll about that... :rolleyes: ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
sp3tt said:
It is playable, it has XMP in its name, but it is not XMP yet. The hud is just horrible - artifacts to the right?
FFS, who cres about the HUD? It has all the information on it that you need, you can scale it, and you can make it transparent.

Ans there is what, two MAJOR bugs? Last time I checked, U2XMP still had more than that.