UE1 - UT Tick in Singleplayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rajada

Jan 21, 2008
rajada.tumblr.com
I'm trying to use the Tick(float DeltaTime) function inside of a pawn class, but the gametype of the level it is used in expands Singleplayer. As a result, Tick just won't call. I even tried explicitly enabling it within my pawn, no dice. Is there some kind of issue with trying to use Tick (and PlayerTick) inside a Singleplayer game?

Rajada

Jan 21, 2008
rajada.tumblr.com
That's what I was thinking, issue is, there isn't even a mention of tick outside of my version of it in my pawn. I literally scoured the parent pawn classes to make sure. It seems to not be explicitly turning off tick. Should one of the base classes have some kind of global or super Tick call in order for it to work? Or should it work without that, assuming it isn't disabling tick anywhere? Should my Tick function have a super or global Tick in those cases?

By the way, after some testing, I guess the gametype does not make a difference. I had thought I had it working in another gametype, but I was mistaken.

Upon investigation, placing a Tick function as far back as Pawn (I recompiled engine.u, yes, but just as a test, I'm reverting it now) does absolutely nothing.

Last edited: