Feedback on 2.0!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
You've done incredible work FMI; I'm still at awe! I'll post my bugs and complaints in the bugs section; keep up the great work! There's still more that needs to be done, but damn, this is a huge advancement.

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
heavy_wargod said:
I'd like to know how do I set other weapons a higher priority then the ones in the list, I now respawn with the grenade launcher with the gunner :S and I'd like to respawn with the rocketlauncher :(
Goto options and into the Weapons part... there u can set the priority of most of the guns...

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
AshTrai said:
Goto options and into the Weapons part... there u can set the priority of most of the guns...

I know that, but there is no rocketlauncher there :( and it's the weapon database.

ow and the jetpack is still not that 'smooth' (looks like little jumps in the air) and the medium turrent of those manned turrents is not centered on the crosshair and what is fires can be a bit faster, and if you get hit by an EMP at the raptor your view acts weird.

stuck at your deploypoint is still a problem.

ow and great that you can lasertripminejump again, although that lasertripmine-boost is slightly weak.

the grenadelauncher is slightly slower as the grenade launcher as in U2XMP, but it might be better this way. great that those grenades can bounce on the floors!!!
(though, they do not quite have the extra shootingpower if you put a timer on it as in U2XMP)

at the end of the game everybody still can move, play and fight.

ow yeah, and at the end of the game I'd like to know what I did... :(

Last edited:

Jaybo

Clanbase UTXMP Supervisor
Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
Very impressed

Good job to FMI, well done :)

Clanbase has a channel ready #clanbase.2k4.utxmp

and im currently working on a ladder. I think competitive gaming requires the more important bugs ironed out (respawn one etc) but we are close to launching a ladder and thats great news, as it would also mean that we get a Clanabase Cup if it does well.

Incidently for those that are unaware, Clanbase has recently merged with GGL in America :)

MadMan2k

Aug 2, 2004
woo, you rock! After I got used that software releases take ther time, you rock even more. :D (probably I was mislead my the MSUC Hype)

What I like:
  • the smoke is finally as dense as in U2XMP
  • the sniper scope (it was what impressed me most in U2XMP)
  • movement
  • and many other minor things (the way the vehicles burn now)

What is still improveable:
  • the HUD sucks :p
  • the crosshairs seems to be low-res
  • some effects might be tuned

ok, thats it, I'm off playing now

Last edited:

Splinter

rifk
Feb 29, 2004
Over there!
Yes i agree madman2k, the HUD leaves me vexed everytime i glance at it. I love this patch, it has made the beta so much more playable. I am greatly impessed with PB2, unlike PB1, there are many minor adjustments which will need to be fixed for me to marry this mod which im sure you guys already know. And many of the things that need to be fixed are listed above so theres not much point in me listing them again. Well done FMI you guys kick ass, UTXMP (in my opinion) is about 80-85% the same as U2XMP (this is a great result) at the moment, and I strongly believe that UTXMP has the potential (with alot of work admittidaly) to be as great as U2XMP was. Thank you for all of the hard work you guys have put into this, but remember its not over just yet! ;) FMI deserves cookies people! "We need cookies!" - Congratulations.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
ow I love that wreck of the raptor, it is really nice to play with it when you are in the juggernautturrent :D it flies all around the map if you fire on it :D (slightly heavely exadurated :D but it does fly good then)

ow and I dislike it that a raptor can kill a juggernaut when they hit eachother. and I think the player with the most health of his car should get the score, and that the juggernaut survives a raptorcollision.

and about the manteling, if you use your jetpack and get to an edge and you mantle while still using the jetpack, you still use your jetpack and you still fly then.

Last edited:

Oakwind

May 18, 2004
I cant cj as high as i used to, and they don't effect vehicles that much if at all.

Respawnbug is the worst.

but, good job and its a free monkey.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
heavy_wargod said:
ow and I dislike it that a raptor can kill a juggernaut when they hit eachother. and I think the player with the most health of his car should get the score, and that the juggernaut survives a raptorcollision.

It's U2XMP style. Vehicles go boom when the colide. But the tank did survive (with major damage) if it was hit at full health, right? My memory's a little fuzzy. Will have to play some u2xmp again.

Splinter

rifk
Feb 29, 2004
Over there!
The HUD is getting annoying now after playing it for about 2 days, Maybe there should be a poll if people want it changed? Or a competition to design it? I know i'd enter!

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
I don't have a problem with the HUD. What's the big deal? You can make it see through if you want.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
The big gripe that I have is the spawn bug! Sometimes I cant toggle deploy points or most of the time I cant even deploy.

I will post some bugs later on. I know of a few but I cant remeber the names of the maps they were on ;)

StarGunner

Dec 18, 2004
My only other gripe with this mod is the sounds, they sounded alot better in U2XMP than they do in UTXMP. Whats the deal with that anyway? UT2004 has better sound support than U2 so why are the sounds worse????? I think they could use some retouching, and some of them need to be completely redone to match the new gameplay. Like the assault rifle sounds need to be lowder and have much more bass to them, and the tank cannon sounds are kinda chesey, I mean it's a cannon it should make a big booming sound that lets people know they were shot at by a tank, not some chesey SHESCHEW! sounding thing that sounds like somthing outa a cartoon.