Proof of Alien Life?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Who knows something about this field, the discovery, Hoover himself or the creditability of this journal? Both sides are saying ridiculous-sounding things.

Aliens exist, and we have proof.
That astonishingly awesome claim comes from Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, who says he has found conclusive evidence of alien life — fossils of bacteria found in an extremely rare class of meteorite called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites. (There are only nine such meteorites on planet Earth.) Hoover’s findings were published late Friday night in the Journal of Cosmology, a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/nasascientistfindsevidenceofalienlife

An opposite viewpoint:

Bottom line: given what scientists are saying now, together with my initial reactions and further thought, it’s my personal opinion that Hoover’s claims are wrong. There are way, way too many red flags here. As a scientist and a skeptic I have to leave some room, no matter how small, for the idea that this might be correct. But that room is tiny indeed, and it looks to me that the search for life beyond Earth will continue, and in time will eventually produce scientifically rigorous results.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...owup-thoughts-on-the-meteorite-fossils-claim/

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
dude everybody knows aliens exist.
it's just a matter of finding some.

fossilized alien bacteria is nice and all.
but don't call me until we find something... bigger.

I'm going back to sleep.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
To throw in my two cents: Though media outlets have shown little restraint, the preponderance of evidence seems to lie in the camp of the skeptics, and the paper itself looks like bad science poorly argued. I am not an expert, of course.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
If life exists here I think it obviously exists somewhere else also. In the entire universe.
We see here life is possible so. You know.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If life exists here I think it obviously exists somewhere else also. In the entire universe.
We see here life is possible so. You know.

If it's living and it's something evolving for million years at the dark surface of a rotation-locked planet, I don't want to see it.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
The point is, if life exists here and if the universe is truly infinite, then life elsewhere is not only possible but probable?