UE3 - UT3 Physics voloume

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mint92

Mar 16, 2012
hey guys. im trying to animate a physics volume so it goes in and out of the wall, like one of those flames you see in games. How do i go abouts doing this. do I select the volume first and put a movement track on, and do the same for fire emitter.

Mint92

Mar 16, 2012
would it be easier to make the emitter do damage itself, or would i need a dynamicphysicsvolume.

if i did make the emitter cause the damage. i would i link this up. ive got a touch trigger activating the fire matinee, the fire emitters are all sequenced, but just need it to cause damage. not sure how to do that.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
The emitter itself cannot cause damage. The way you usually do this is you just put a square physics volume around the area where your emmitter will be. In the phyiscs volume you enable cause damage and set a damage per second value. Make sure you uncheck bEnabled in the physics volume or it will cause damage before your emmitter even fires.
In Kismet you have your trigger which you hook up to enable your emmitter and enable your phyics volume. When the effect ends you just toggle off the emmitter and physics volume again.

Mint92

Mar 16, 2012
Theres no Benabled in the physics volume properties. does it have a different name ?