Internet Server Browser workaround

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
The latest version shipped with a small problem that prevents Duffers servers from showing up in the server browser. To remedy this, find the DuffersUser.ini file in the /Duffers/System folder. Find the '[DuffersGUI.DGMultiplayerBrowserBase]' section and set 'bStandardServersOnly' to FALSE. Start Duffers and servers will now be visible in the Internet server browser. This will be the default setting in future versions.

PingDeth

Jun 10, 2004
Mix said:
The latest version shipped with a small problem that prevents Duffers servers from showing up in the server browser. To remedy this, find the DuffersUser.ini file in the /Duffers/System folder. Find the '[DuffersGUI.DGMultiplayerBrowserBase]' section and set 'bStandardServersOnly' to FALSE. Start Duffers and servers will now be visible in the Internet server browser. This will be the default setting in future versions.

I found it in the [GUI2K4.UT2k4ServerBrowser] section in the .ini file.

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
That option exists there as well, but we did not subclass the UT2k4 server browser, so you must find the '[DuffersGUI.DGMultiplayerBrowserBase]' section.

Grakkar

Jun 10, 2004
That's strange, I don't seem to have a DuffersUser.ini file in my /Duffers/System folder...

Grakkar

Jun 10, 2004
Mix said:
do you have a defuser.ini?
Yeah, in my /ut2004/system directory.
*edit*
Oh, wait, I've got one in my /duffers/system too. Now why didn't that turn up in the local search I ran...

Last edited:

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
Duffers.ini and DuffersUser.ini should be automatically generated from default.ini and defuser.ini respectively when you first launch Duffers. If you don't have a DuffersUser.ini file for some reason, you can copy your current user.ini file from UT2004/System and change these entries in [Engine.Input]:

E=Look
H=ToggleHints

also add these sections:

[DuffersGUI.DGServerLoading]
Backgrounds=DuffersInterface.Loading.loadingscreen1
Backgrounds=DuffersInterface.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=DuffersInterface.Loading.loadingscreen3

[DuffersGUI.DGMultiplayerBrowserBase]
bStandardServersOnly=false

You'll then have a normal DuffersUser.ini

Grakkar

Jun 10, 2004
Mix said:
Duffers.ini and DuffersUser.ini should be automatically generated from default.ini and defuser.ini respectively when you first launch Duffers. If you don't have a DuffersUser.ini file for some reason, you can copy your current user.ini file from UT2004/System and change these entries in [Engine.Input]:

E=Look
H=ToggleHints

also add these sections:

[DuffersGUI.DGServerLoading]
Backgrounds=DuffersInterface.Loading.loadingscreen1
Backgrounds=DuffersInterface.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=DuffersInterface.Loading.loadingscreen3

[DuffersGUI.DGMultiplayerBrowserBase]
bStandardServersOnly=false

You'll then have a normal DuffersUser.ini
Yeah, that might work...except I don't seem to have a user.ini in my ut2004/System directory...:(

Could you just...I don't know, e-mail me your DuffersUser.ini or something?

Grakkar

Jun 10, 2004
Mix said:
That would explain why you don't have a DuffersUser.ini... It's attached.
Well, that didn't work, but I found a DuffersUser.ini file in my /home/user/.ut2004/duffers/system directory. I didn't even know about the .ut2004 directory. And that would explain why your fix didnt work. And wow...there's one server!!!! And there's no-one on it!!!!