Uniforms

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
There seems to be a little problem with the black uniform- the head, arms, and feet all look good (though they could stand to be darker, like the shade of the 1st person sleeve), but the torso and legs are dark green. Also, the entire grey uniform seems more like a lighter tint of green than of black.

Most of the Inf uniforms are great, but we (ToA) seem to be hard-pressed to find a good uniform to use with woodlands- all of them are either too similar (can be extremely hard to tell who's on your team, especially when you get out of a certain range and the pattern loses it's definition), or too flamboyant (namely arctic, urban, and desert- the last 2 could stand to be a shade darker so they don't stand out too much).

For now I think we'll probably try not using camo with green and brown blended together (fecktarn and woodlands)... but DAMN they just look so good I don't know how long we'll last.

Edit: Upon further testing, the russian tan looked too green in-game as well (there goes the brown vs green idea, back to woodlands at least)... and I remembered about blue: may not be used by a military, but it's not too bright nor too similar to woodlands... I guess we'll pretend it's milita vs FBI for now. ;)

[This message was edited by DeadeyeDan[ToA] on Mar 18, 2001 at 05:12.]

The Messiah

Skilled
Nov 8, 2000
entertaining.20m.com
A little tip: When you think things would be better darker, turn the brightness down.

As for uniforms looking too similar, the only thing you can do about that is stick with your team so you don't need to spend half a minute identifying a potential threat.

SilentSniper.gif

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
It's the uniform's brightness in relation to everything else that bothers me- and turning my brightness down isn't going to help the fact that the uniforms of me and my team pop out for the enemy to easily spot, whereas we have to look much more carefully to spot them.

And I usually am with at least one teammate- but considering the fact that teams rarely stay in one large group (and for good reason), that tip doesn't help all that much.

Don't get me wrong, I like the INF models and unifomrs ALOT- I just think the selection could be vastly improved if there were just a few more uniforms that both don't look green from afar, and aren't too easy to spot.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Eureka! I've misjudged the russian tan- mabye I saw it in some bad lighting or something. It looks great and it's not really green at all- it works fine with other camos that don't use any brown (we'll probably use russian green and russian tan now). This'll tide us over, but I'm still hoping for a better looking black uniform to go with those SWEET looking green + brown mixes.