CTF-1on1-Joust99 (UT GOTY)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
It's a remake of UT2kX's CTF-1on1-Joust.

The name of the map is CTF-1on1-Joust99 although that may not be the final name of the map. I made use of bonus pack textures, the richrig and the sky textures from ONP (already placed in the sky back with ONP as prefix to give credit to Team Vortex). And also some credit for SabbathCat for making these hi-poly pick-up bases that look l337.
JoustShot0000.jpg

JoustShot0001.jpg

JoustShot0003.jpg

*Note: I don't know why the images look dark but I adjusted their brightness already and they still come out that way.

Here are the only things left for me to do with the map:
1)Bot pathing
2)Weapons placement
3)Decorating the cieling on the corridors
4)Decorating the middle open-air area
5)Completing some parts of the Sky Box
6)Add coronas to the lights
7)Release (estimate: sometime this week or next week)

Special Features Planned:
1)Sunset Effect (in 5 minutes or so, the sun drops, as in the SkyBox. Take note: playing a 1 on 1 of Joust only takes a few minutes so this special feature may have to be dropped.)
2)Particle Effects (aside from the smoke hose)

Last edited:
Well, this thread is months old but I've decided to recover it after encountering something...

SabbathCat's CTF-1on1-UrbanJoust!!!

My pre-planned originality is gone forever... if I ever release this map which is still on hold and unfinished, it'll simply be the broadway side-show it wasn't meant to be... and of all people, 'twaz the guy from whom the meshes on my map was from. You guys are witness to the coming of my map before UrbanJoust... I'm all saddy-boy now... :( no offenses to SabbathCat of course. :) But I still feel... "overtaken" or "stowed-away"... :( c'mon... you guys can see the date when this thread was posted...

A sideshow?!?

I have to say your map looks simply amazing, judging the screenshots. If you actually finish the map, I seriously doubt it would be a sideshow to any map. Your map is that detailed. I would suggest finishing it and letting us have a taste of your mapping skills.