Did I miss the going away party?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I don't doubt it. We have some local brew films over here. Super low budget. Sometimes we have a good one but most of the time they are really bad.

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
I moved to NYC and got married, and haven't played a game like UT since, oh, 2004? Or whenever I had left NC. What makes me sad is that at my current job we bang out applications & sites like NC in a couple weeks, and we manage a crapton more data & content; I wish I could have known back then what I know now about development. Sorry, guys.

I check back here every couple months or so to see if anything's happened and it makes Luq a sad panda. (pourin' one out for my homies [my employees are wondering why i'm pouring beer leftover from beer friday on the office floor {just joshin not actually pouring beer on the floor; pouring it into my gaping maw}])

EDIT: Oh, and my current haunt is an IRC room with the handful of people I liked from the hardcore fans of my old streaming episodic variety show Miscast and/or guys that used to build in Blockland with me. It's on my IRC server, irc.luquado.com, port 32008, channel #miscast. Stop by and say hi if you'd like! It'll be a collision of former communities.

Last edited:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Much respect for the ({[ ]}) :tup:

Funny how time flies and major **** happens. Yeah, not much happens here. It's like a place for the old timers to come every once in a while and then think, "Well ****, ain't a thing changing."

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Between work, school, and homework, I have very little time for anything else. I troll BUF semi-frequently and stop in here less than I'd like. Still game a little here and there, but only Guild Wars and Mass Effect. Trying to find time to do more reading and writing.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
New wife and new remodeling project (half the house!) has me strapped for my time (and money).

8 years ago, i would've had a field day with that quote...

I check the boards about 4 times a year now. Other than that, i spend most of my time at work, doing absolutely nothing and getting paid copious amounts of overtime for it. (In fact, this post was written from work).

Make fun of people with "Will work for food" signs, because you have a car, and they cant catch you.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I moved to NYC and got married, and haven't played a game like UT since, oh, 2004? Or whenever I had left NC. What makes me sad is that at my current job we bang out applications & sites like NC in a couple weeks, and we manage a crapton more data & content; I wish I could have known back then what I know now about development. Sorry, guys.

I check back here every couple months or so to see if anything's happened and it makes Luq a sad panda. (pourin' one out for my homies [my employees are wondering why i'm pouring beer leftover from beer friday on the office floor {just joshin not actually pouring beer on the floor; pouring it into my gaping maw}])

EDIT: Oh, and my current haunt is an IRC room with the handful of people I liked from the hardcore fans of my old streaming episodic variety show Miscast and/or guys that used to build in Blockland with me. It's on my IRC server, irc.luquado.com, port 32008, channel #miscast. Stop by and say hi if you'd like! It'll be a collision of former communities.

Haha, you didn't kill NC.. nobody did. I guess we didn't do much to save it.

Good to see your still out there and kick'n Luquado!

Old man story mode:
When I first signed up and got a kick out of downloading custom maps and playing them one at a time. Even the really bad ones where fun with the water walls and the single spawn point.

Later I got more picky about the maps and looked forward to reviews. How else are you going to know if a map is good? Try them all yourself or wait for a review recommendation?

Then something happened, I cared more about just playing good maps on good servers than keeping up with all the custom maps pouring out every day. Deck 16 remakes all day every day. It could have been made into a movie.. though I'm not sure what the plot would be.

Skip ahead a few years, I don't play many games anymore. I don't know if the UT3 demo killed it for me or the fact that I simply refused to upgrade my PC. Still to this day it runs UT2004 nicely, but UT3 not so nice.

My old AMD 2.4ghz single core PC still sits there next to the CRT monitor collecting dust. It still works and I boot it up about once or twice a year when I need some files from the old days. FSL!!

Last edited:

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
Funny.. I pop in here.. just for kicks...I saw this thread... and said.. "what the heck"...

What's up with me?

Not playing too many games...
Still doing IT security...
Actually have a 7 year old daughter now... my son is almost 10

I earned my black belt in Okinawan Karate last year. approaching a "Completion of The Art (think blackbelt.. but no belt) in stick fighting...specifically Balintawak..

Earned National Champion 2 years in a row a few years back in kumite..

Things are going great..

What funny... I remembered my password after all these years!

When I was here regularly.. my ISP was 1.5 Dl and 256 Upload... we just introduced 50x50... heh

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Funny.. I pop in here.. just for kicks...I saw this thread... and said.. "what the heck"...

What's up with me?

Not playing too many games...
Still doing IT security...
Actually have a 7 year old daughter now... my son is almost 10

I earned my black belt in Okinawan Karate last year. approaching a "Completion of The Art (think blackbelt.. but no belt) in stick fighting...specifically Balintawak..

Earned National Champion 2 years in a row a few years back in kumite..

Things are going great..

What funny... I remembered my password after all these years!

When I was here regularly.. my ISP was 1.5 Dl and 256 Upload... we just introduced 50x50... heh

Kumite? My advice: avoid Ray Jackson like the plague!

It's good to hear from you. What would be even better is if you and Rukee would resolve your prior disputes and celebrate each other's existences. :) Make peace, man, all lovey dovey style. :tup:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Kumite? My advice: avoid Ray Jackson like the plague!

It's good to hear from you. What would be even better is if you and Rukee would resolve your prior disputes and celebrate each other's existences. :) Make peace, man, all lovey dovey style. :tup:

I call 'on-top'. :mwink:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
One day 4 years ago I turned my computer off and went outside, it's been downhill ever since. Took up skydiving, then caving, then started climbing on rooftops, running around in abandoned buildings and exploring drains lol

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Hey, Its great to hear from some of the gang even if it does take 6 months to round you up :)

The $800 CRT computer monitor that purchased back in the day (refurbished $350) when I first joined NC is still alive and kicking. Websites look amazing! Too bad I can never edit photos on it again. Its all kinds of wrong geometric and contrast wise.

Lots of memories but I very busy working on new ones right now. Chicka Chicka Bowow