Review: Little Tweaker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for Little Tweaker | Posted by Peter on 2002-10-04 | Score: 8.4 ]
Tweak me up
Many utilities that come out for UT claiming to improve your FPS rating will usually work for some people and not for others. Take Tweak3D for instance. It helped me gain about 3-5 FPS, but for others, it didn't do anything at all. However, with Little Tweaker, I think that the majority of the people who use this utility will be able to gain a couple frames per second. Keep in mind that these types of utilities work best with lower end computers, but it might help some higher end computer users.

The thing that you do
Little Tweaker gives you a couple of options that don't give you an unfair advantage online, and thus it is CHSP compatible. The utility gives you the option to hide minigun shell cases, replace the UT teleporter effect with the Unreal I effect, force low detail smoke trails, and turn green blood on. You can also modify the amount of gore present in the mod to help achieve a couple more frames. You can leave it at normal to have the same blood/gore effects as always. No Blood/Gibs takes away all the blood and gibs, Sparks causes blood to come out as sparks, and More Blood Gore causes blood and gibs to be bigger and last longer.

Does it work?
For me, the utility helped me achieve approximately five frames per second, but it varies from computer to computer. The thing that really helped me was turning the teleporter effect to the Unreal 1 effect. In future versions, I suggest UsAaR33 to add more options, such as make the weapons wireframe or something. If you really want to get more FPS, you should go to the Preferences menu and change your resolution, skin/texture detail quality, etc. However, if you don't want to sacrifice video quality, you can probably earn a couple FPS with Little Tweaker.

-Peter Yu

Draymith

Mar 16, 2005
I have down loaded this program and have run into a bit of trouble. CHSP has picked it up as a cheat Bnosmoke, any way you could clear this up for the good fooks at www.utzc.com and www.fraggednation.com for me as i face a banishment from the community and ladders.

please reply , and or e-mail me @ draymith@yahoo.ca

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Probably not, UT isn't really supported anymore.

Maybe when this review was written (years ago now..) NoSmoke wasn't detected by CSHP (not chsp) as a cheat.

Now, it is. This mutator has that feature. (low smoke, same deal.)

Try disabling that detail if you have it on.

If that doesn't work, don't use this thing. If THAT doesn't work, uninstall UT, delete the leftover folder, and reinstall. You'll need to reinstall all your other mods/maps/models too, but it'll be clean that way.