Mastering Unreal Technology: The Art of Level Design

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Persefone

Ms God!
Jun 2, 2005
Anyone have this book? Can I learn the basics of map design with it or it is only useful for experienced mappers?

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
If there's anyone who does better tuts than the guys at 3dBuzz, I don't know who it is. I can't speak from direct experience re: the book, but I've done their video tuts and they are very manageable for even the n00biest n00b.

Kyouryuu

*roar!*
Dec 17, 2003
Kirkland, Washington
kyouryuu.furvect.com
From what I've paged through of it, it seems like a decent enough reference book that covers topics from map building to weapon making. I didn't investigate deeply enough to see how it compares to the material freely available on UDN or UnrealWiki, though.

ace_012

Aug 19, 2005
I have the book and I tihnk it is great, it teaches you the basics of the unreal egine(spelling?) and how to make a map and even has an instruction book for UnrealEd in it. I love it!

ace_012

Aug 19, 2005
Or if your a member of that books a million club, you could get it for like $35 last time I checked ;)

Persefone

Ms God!
Jun 2, 2005
Thank you

Thanks to all. I´ll buy the book and who knows, maybe some day i´ll throw my own version of Th:eek:rns into nalicity :lol: