Looking for mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Penguinisto

Apr 17, 2000
Visit site
I'm not sure about how many folks have played the Weapons Factory Mod for Quake 2, or any form of Team Fortress, but we are working to do much the same for UT.

Weapons Factory is a class-based Team Fortress based mod, that was originally built when TF wasn't available for Quake2. for a full scope and idea of what it is and how the game is played, head for http://www.captured.com/weaponsfactory and get an eye-full. You'll find spies, engineers, nurses, and heavy-duty classes such as cyborgs and mercenaries.

Q2 WF sits among the top 20 most-played Q2 MODS, and promises to remain there with the release of Weapons Factory Arena for Q3.

However, some of us in the WF community had fallen in love with UT. We also discovered that unless you have DSL or cable and had a faairly powerful machine, playing Q3 in any form would be a rough experience. UT is not so cliquish, and as it turns out, has far better graphics and weapons, IMHO.

So, a group of us decided to begin coding WF for UT. We are set for coders, and it is coming along nicely. We are also incorporating many of the current UT weapons into WFUT, and are just barely getting a webpage together.

However, the one thing we need are mappers - as many as we can get hold of. Myself and two others are making all the maps now, but we wanted to release the mod with more than three or four initial maps (I can probably have two done by the time the mod is released, but I am still learning the intricacies of UnrealEd myself...)

If anyone has experience making CTF maps, I would love to see your screenshots, maps-in-progress, and most important, I would like to extend an invitation to build maps for a mod that promises to be quite popular once it releases.

The best news: Current CTF maps that you may be working on will only need a few small modifications to run as a WF map, there there is no need to start from scratch (basically a couple of script changes and the addition of seperate, protected spawn rooms for each team.)

I run a server here at night, and already get quite a few requests to run CTF maps from various mappers. I will be more than glad to host the efforts of those working to build maps for the WFUT mod as well.

If you've read this far, cool - All interested mappers are welcome to send an email and screenshots of their mapping prowess to: peng1@spark.org (please send the screenies as anything but .bmp, since converting them to .jpg under Linux is a pain in the backside /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Thx for your time

/P