Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
They don't like it. Described as a casual experience for the most part.

I wonder if most of those haters are food stockpilers uploading pictures of their computer next to the toilet seat, or is it the fanbois?

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well that was fun. I guess I'll wait for a couple hours until the game is up and running again? You'd think that a studio known for having an online-only game with a 10+ million userbase would know how to deal with a massive amount of players for an online-only game, but here we are I guess.

Really? Every Blizzard launch is a shit show. Even the later WoW expansions ended up with servers crashing and huge queues and shitty performance. Hell, it's known to happen with major patch releases too. The trick is just to wait for a bunch of people to stop playing and you can get in.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
My bet, more kiddies going to go to FTC... game is not to MY EXPECTATIONS... I am special and count more than every single customer... please fix game for me and me alone... fucking assholes..

Seriously Metacritic needs to disable user comments at least for a week or so after launch. Day 1 shit reviews from users are not helpful, just allowing trolls to be trolls and whining little cunts who can't deal with the fact that game is game, and games are not easy to make. Same assclowns post shit day 1 for most games, seriously if you are just on metacritic to be 0 posting troll on Day 1 launches your right to play games should be revoked.

Okay so the online on feature sucks.. Blizzard should have fixed that or removed it but just saying the entire value of the game sucks is uncalled for imo.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Oh man a game that has some controversy around it is released and people write dumb shit on user review sites? Quelle surprise!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
IF YOU ARE CASUAL THEN DON'T READ. BUT IF YOU ARE A D2 RIDE OR DIE CRIP, READ THIS

This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Okay so the online on feature sucks.. Blizzard should have fixed that or removed it...

Just to clarify. This is an online-only game because it was built that way from the ground up.

When you kill a monster who lives on the server, that monster dies on the server, the loot it decides to drop lives on the server, you pick the loot up.. it goes into your character's inventory, which is stored on the server.

So pretty much everything that happens in the game is running and recorded on the Blizzard servers. There is no way to "remove" or "fix" the online requirement. The game is designed and built around it. It gives them extremely tight control of the content that is in the game and how players can interact with it.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Just to clarify. This is an online-only game because it was built that way from the ground up.

When you kill a monster who lives on the server, that monster dies on the server, the loot it decides to drop lives on the server, you pick the loot up.. it goes into your character's inventory, which is stored on the server.

So pretty much everything that happens in the game is running and recorded on the Blizzard servers. There is no way to "remove" or "fix" the online requirement. The game is designed and built around it. It gives them extremely tight control of the content that is in the game and how players can interact with it.

I see. Well I am surprised with amount cash Activision/Blizzard has a company they could not have bought a huge server farm to deal with influx of anxious customers who wanted to play the game on launch night.

Oh well, I'll wait it out for a few days. Hopefully, on Saturday things will be better in terms of logging in and being able to play. I am sure the game is awesome just the infrastructure of it failed.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
IF YOU ARE CASUAL THEN DON'T READ. BUT IF YOU ARE A D2 RIDE OR DIE CRIP, READ THIS

This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER.

This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER. Single Player should mean offline play with NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Anyone giving this a low score because they cannot log in to play are morons. The graphics and sound are obviously going to be good. The story might pass or fail in the end. But this game is a complete failure because of server side DRM being recquired. After so many years when blizzards servers shutdown my children will not enjoy this game because of DRM. Shame on you Blizzard and anyone who supports DRM games with their $$$. Duke Nukem may have been a bad game but at least the steam lets me play single player offline. Also wheres our LAN!

so you can't even play offline w/o an internet connection?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Yeah to my knowledge there is currently no way to play it offline, due to exactly what Slainchild said. The game is basically WoW Lite in terms of architecture, and in some ways the graphics and art and gameplay as well. They locked it down to server-side because of the real money auction to prevent item hacking.