How to recognize a bot user?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2004
[pet]sparrow said:
XMP has not gone to hell in a handbasket, BUF is simply as egotisical, ignorant, and accusational as ever.

Yeah, ppl leave because of this board being the official xmp board and all so more ppl would come here and see all this and leave to another game.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
Yeah.

[pet]sparrow said:
XMP has not gone to hell in a handbasket, BUF is simply as egotisical, ignorant, and accusational as ever.

I agree; the bitterness has reached its crescendo, from back when Myu went totalitarianistic up to now, it was almost predictable. I can't imagine the climax getting any higher...well, it's indeed a possibility, but good point though, definitely.

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
Stoneblind said:
I agree; the bitterness has reached its crescendo, from back when Myu went totalitarianistic up to now, it was almost predictable. I can't imagine the climax getting any higher...well, it's indeed a possibility, but good point though, definitely.

I would disagree, actually... first off, I'd say the bitterest point in XMP was when everyone was posting "Goodbye" threads and bashing each other, along with other people finger-pointing and claiming others used cheats.

While people are certainly bitter at the moment, this is the way small gaming communities always end up working, going in cycles between bitterness and friendship.

Personally, I blame pre-teen hormones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaio

Apr 5, 2004
Maybe I missunderstood you Stoneblind, but i just want to say one thing.

When I said "It's my fault blabla", i didn't mean i'm a pwner and i pwn everyone blabla. No, I didn't mean that for sure, I'm just tired of this cheater-accusations against players who can something better than others, like a fast movement.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Para Bellum said:
Cheatin`....
What about those useful little .ini bindings?
Use | OnRelease Unuse, suicide + text message, sprintdodge and stuff.
Exploits? Cheats?
Where do you draw the line between "legal" and "illegal"?
Suicide + text message... haven't heard of that one... care to elaborate?

Last edited:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
*Nod*

Definitely understood Spar; I kind of already knew that a small community like this would inevitably run into unstable ground, and I'm sure a lot of reasons why some of us get heated up are probably external causes that we bring into the community, you know, the whole paroxysmal hormone outbreaks kind of stuff. The more I think of it, I have done that at times; real life pounding on my hard enough to make me angry online too. So hopefully it'll all mellow down again.

As for Kaio, I guess I misworded my words and kind of made it sound antagonistic on your part; that wasn't intended, just to assure you, I knew what you were getting at, no worries there, man. ^^

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
For a while before i was trying to learn how to bind multiple commands on one key but didnt figure out how to do it, and im glad i didnt now. Im happy with the way i play on its default key setup. Lookin' at it now, it wouldve given me an advantage over my opponent which really wouldnt make me happy about it. And lately ive been seeing new people playing this game, and it wouldnt make me feel good to really take advantage of them. We need to bring more people to this dying game and not cheat, use exploits or any form of way to take advantage of them.

jordanio

Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
I really don't feel bad for anyone that posts on these boards and gets called a "hax" or "aimbotter"; coming onto these boards almost warrants it (for instance, check any topic with more than 25 posts in it; there is almost definitely a flame-war in it). Having said that, I don't feel bad for the people that finger-point either; if you're willing to say some "iffy" things, whether they are true or not, be willing to accept the consequences of your actions. To be honest, being an active member on this board (or being an active member in XMP) is like being in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
PETzizzleSeagizzle said:
I really don't feel bad for anyone that posts on these boards and gets called a "hax" or "aimbotter"; coming onto these boards almost warrants it (for instance, check any topic with more than 25 posts in it; there is almost definitely a flame-war in it). Having said that, I don't feel bad for the people that finger-point either; if you're willing to say some "iffy" things, whether they are true or not, be willing to accept the consequences of your actions. To be honest, being an active member on this board (or being an active member in XMP) is like being in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Yeah; when I think about it; it pretty much does boil down along those lines someway or another; guess after a while you tend to get used to it and not fire yourself up anymore, if not, not as much. I recall some posts that had topics exclusively devoted to making accusations. The outcome was usually the same, some kind of flame war or finger pointing, no real solution, just dies down only to start up again. Kind of the cyclic, self-perpetual never-ending stuff that people think can be won. *shrug*

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Stoneblind said:
1. Furocious comes along, points fingers at Kaoi and Angelus.
2. Angelus comes, points at Crow.
3. I toss in my 2 cents.
4. Crow says "I'm sorry people can't aim." Keyword: "aim," Keep that in mind.
5. Jem comes gets skeptical.
6. Kaio says, "Is it my fault that I'm a better player than you?"
7. Jem comes back, says, "I had no trouble killing you." Key points: "I" and "killing you." (Emphasis on "I")
8. (GR)Killer said that everytime he killed someone in a duel, he'd call (GR) a "fag."
9. Phalanx says that all the talking **** is crumbling the community down. (Notice his point is complete ignored by the upcoming posts)
10. Owl comes and tries to establish that [pet] is better than tH hands down is a fact.
11. Owl later says that Crow is better than all. Now pay attention to this one, notice the fact that a lot of what has been said is individualistic, not in terms of teamwork, the epitome of XMP, what it's all about.
12. Se7en criticizes Crow and competitions, "pwn this, pwn that."
13. Jubei says that the whole "pwning **** is ruining the community."

i like it that you took my response as last
it adds a funny wicked twist too the conclusion

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Fearless said:
It's strange how some players are banned forever for cheating on clanbase while others are able to come back after a couple of months...

what exactly is that supposed to mean?

[DS] Calico

Behind Jackal with a raging hardon.
Apr 28, 2004
OOO You done did it now pissed off some good folks thats in a higher power than you, thats no fun. Bye bye Mister Feerless Now you shall die in a horrible horrible death.

Its all In the past
Love is the future

Plus in that link he got a hole 3 Paragraphs on him. Do you? :( I dont think so

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I limit my contact on BuF for this very reason, I usually just get saddened and flustrated by the attitudes. In my opinion, the general decline in attitude can narrowed down to just a small few.

When I first started playing xmp, the community is a big reason I kept playing. It was great. I had heard all the horror stories of fighting clans in other games, but xmp was different. Because the community is so small, almost every clan has some relation to the other. Some had their differences, but usually just let it go. Nobody is letting go any more, and holding grudges, throwing smart ass barbs at one another.

I'm tired of the "you suck, I own all, so and so is greater than so and so" It makes me sick. Get over youself guys/girls, and play the damn game, or don't. The blatant e-penis wagging is so bad, it's almost funny. It would be if it wasn't ruining the game for good people. Knock it off.

I put =vD= inactive for those very reasons, my teammates were getting flustrated and burn out on the game. We are tired of watching a game and community we actually care about go to the pit. Please get it out of your system now, and check your baggage at the door when coming to utxmp. I still have hope.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Why do i get the feeling that Maxx's post was directed at me lol

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I have yet to get burnt out about xmp, but that is because of my frame of mind i chose to take... anyways, i am lookin forward to utxmp also, but i have yet to see any real good pics beyond what was actually posted by fmi :/

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Dandeloreon1984 said:
I have yet to get burnt out about xmp, but that is because of my frame of mind i chose to take... anyways, i am lookin forward to utxmp also, but i have yet to see any real good pics beyond what was actually posted by fmi :/

from what I've seen so far, lincoln will be very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.