Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
Hey Leo,I just downloaded a package from ______ called UnrealPS1 that's just over 102mb and I assume it is what is being discussed here.What is the best way to play this? And the best version to play it on? Do I just unpack it into Unreal and play? Is it playable on UT99? I'm assuming you released it to ____,but if not I will wait for an "official" release from you. I am VERY curious about this,but when I do play these maps I want to be sure everything is above board before I do so. Thanks:)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I didn't release it on there, no.

The real release has gotten rid of the original Unreal files and has own system and maps directory. The original release has been delayed because of some problems and install file needs to be written. Plus it is cleaned of unecessary files and stuff, so it is run release in original 220.

So use that at your own risc, but I guess these guys already surpassed that, in fact you surprised me by this, as I had no idea that it got leaked to their hands, they must have picked up the indexed links, of the temporary files that were uploaded.

To illustrate the tree here is it from the new default.ini (so if you wanna do it yourself you must create these directories and put in in default.ini and unreal.ini (if it was created, if not, it will use all things that are in default.ini):

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=0
SavePath=..\Save
CachePath=..\Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths[0]=..\System.PSX\*.u
Paths[1]=..\Maps\*.unr
Paths[2]=..\Textures\*.utx
Paths[3]=..\Sounds\*.uax
Paths[4]=..\Music\*.umx
Paths[5]=..\Maps\PSX\*.unr
Paths[6]=..\Maps\PSX\IMPLANTGUN\*.unr
Paths[7]=..\Maps\PSX\RAZNOE\*.unr
Paths[8]=..\Maps\PSX\RAZNOE\00\*.unr
Paths[9]=..\Maps\PSX\SKYZONE\*.unr
Paths[10]=..\Maps\PSX\Tranig\*.unr
Paths[11]=..\Maps\PSX\WORK\*.unr
Paths[12]=..\Textures\PSX\*.utx
Paths[13]=
Paths[14]=
Paths[15]=
Suppress[0]=DevLoad
Suppress[1]=DevSave
Suppress[2]=DevNetTraffic
Suppress[3]=DevGarbage
Suppress[4]=DevKill
Suppress[5]=DevReplace
Suppress[6]=DevSound
Suppress[7]=DevCompile
Suppress[8]=DevBind
Suppress[9]=
Suppress[10]=
Suppress[11]=
Suppress[12]=
Suppress[13]=
Suppress[14]=
Suppress[15]=

Also for the later system and map dir that was released, I created personally this (and still used Maps subfolder but I added UPSXMaps on first place):
Paths[0]=..\nSystem\*.u
Paths[1]=..\UPSXMaps\*.unr

To keep the new maps separate, they shouldn't be overwritten.

Last edited:

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
Ok post edited:) Thanks Leo,yeah I was kind of surprised myself to see it there,it was in the Unreal mods/conversions part of the site and they did give credit to you and the mappers,but because I didn't see anything about it here I thought I'd better check with you,and now I'm glad I did! And I appreciate the illustration,it helps a lot,and I'll wait for proper release now I think:)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Also I added for myself this, to have separate save games:
Code:
SavePath=..\UPSXSave

But well you can use the release in that site although I haven't checked it myself. I have no idea when the real release will be done, the person who will write the install file is unable to do it now and it is unsure of what will happen to him due to his condition, so either I will do it, or someone else, but I don't want to disappoint him and take his job away.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
o_O, I downloaded it and it has my custom cover... that narrows the list of suspects down significantly since I've shown this cover to like, 15 people.

But it's OK-ish to use it, from what I've observed, it has it's own system dir, so all you do is extract it somewhere and copy off Unreal's sounds/system/textures and the following maps: Vortex2, Unreal and Entry for this to work.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
o_O, I downloaded it and it has my custom cover... that narrows the list of suspects down significantly since I've shown this cover to like, 15 people.

But it's OK-ish to use it, from what I've observed, it has it's own system dir, so all you do is extract it somewhere and copy off Unreal's sounds/system/textures and the following maps: Vortex2, Unreal and Entry for this to work.

The proper way is using the paths in the ini of course and having different directories, while using all Unreal ones except its system, as I illustrated.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have some news, there may be another maps soon collected, depends whether the person I contacted will have the missing maps.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Again? Man, you should have an altar built in your honor and be worshipped for ever and ever. Seriously, you're a fckin' GOD.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The search for the maps might delay a bit longer, but there is a high chance that there will be more stuff found.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I found out another designer who worked on the project, his name is william "core" bobos, he was replaced by Ilya Isaykin originally, there are only really old versions of the maps by him, which were quite different and too long. I will try to contact him also.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Is it true that a PSX version of ExtremeEnd exists?

ExtremeEnd? You mean the map? No...but there is a map with queenend being rehashed somewhat. I thought you checked the maps yourself already.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Some news, Bill Bobos replied, but he doesn't have the stuff anymore unfortunately. Hard drive failure.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
F***!!! Won't people ever learn! MAKE BACKUPS! DAMMIT, is this so hard to grasp? MAKE BACKUPS of everything... It's your work after all... damn, damn, DAMN!

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
So does this mean the project is at an end Leo? I haven't communicated with you since I told you about the download I found at that other place,so I thought I'd have a peek and then I read about the hd failure! What does it mean in regards to what your doing?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.