COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ah bollocks!

my first reaction is to rush home and check my current rank, my second is to hunt the little bugger down.

If i have been dropped to level 0 then there will be F'ing murders!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I heard that they ban for the XP hack now. I think Zero told me, not sure.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Yes those are called hacked servers. What you saw was a nice server, though some will yield instant prestige 10 while others will yield a trip back to prestige 0 level 1. Shoot at your own risk.
I ran into such one the other day. Wasn't with fixed xp, but new gametypes. Such as Hardcore One Flag. Pretty fun as both sides, in turn, tries to capture the enemy flag. And it was Hardcore which made it much more fun.
also played a few rounds of some gamemode where you have to control a point for a certain amount of time to launch a nuke to win. Lot of fun.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I heard that they ban for the XP hack now. I think Zero told me, not sure.

Only if you edited the file. If you were unfortunate to join a hacked server, you should still be safe.

also played a few rounds of some gamemode where you have to control a point for a certain amount of time to launch a nuke to win. Lot of fun.

That is called Thermonuclear war and it will be DLC later down the road. A few brains out there figured out how to unlock it early is all.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
It's stored in the steam cloud, but it is downloaded to your computer every time you start/close the game and uploaded after every match. These transitions make it really easy to send whatever you want back to the steam cloud.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Now botters are starting to hang out in Merc TDM quite a ****ing lot recently.
And IWnet sure does a good job at matching me with other players since last night.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Now botters are starting to hang out in Merc TDM quite a ****ing lot recently.
And IWnet sure does a good job at matching me with other players since last night.
IWNet is just a a big pile of boohockey. Usually trying to join a ground war game leads to multiple failed to connect, random remerging of lobbies and general lack of ANY games to be played.
And that's not all it finds it funny to randomize teams in the last 2 seconds before loading a map dropping people left and right into other lobbies or just completely out of the game.
Oh the many times I've sat frustrated waiting to play a single map yet not able due to IWNet ****ing up.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok this is retarded

In a total of 8 minutes screwing around I had a maximum of 3 matched players and somehow can't get into any game. Fix this ****ing IWNET ****tards.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh yeah, I just had a game with some [Ger] tagged dude who was the only one in the game with 4 bars (obviously standing for German-y) in the next round there was a botter. VGG.

Seriously what's up? I've been playing Merc TDM since day one, hardly EVER caught a botter in there, now it's crawling with them and I can't even get into a game unless I wait it hits the 200-> MS bar. All in the matter of 2 ****ing days. It just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Answer the question! Do you guys feel like IWnet is the same? I went to Steam's and I'm not the only one who get tossed in Russian/German botter games. It feels like they've been hacked, and I can't understand why lots of people act all naive unless they CLEARLY aren't affected

"I got me two nukes yeseterday" kool mon lol nad i had me liek 3 hackers out of 3 gaems yesterday nad today lol kk.

And there's one I left from the lobby. One guy had the name "Nuke| WillBanHackers"

Is this some kid playground thing that's going on?

Last edited:
"I got me two nukes yeseterday" kool mon lol nad i had me liek 3 hackers out of 3 gaems yesterday nad today lol kk.

Wut?

:lol:

I don't know what to use to convert the files from Fraps to something a bit smaller. NZ's inet connection plans blow so uploading a 700MB avi file to youtube is going to take a while.

But back to what you said, yeah I have spotted a few players walling recently within TDM games. I guess I wouldn't see them as frequently as you would due to the amount of players here in NZ and AUS being rather small especially as a lot of the original COD players have gone back to COD4

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok I just tried again, and yes, I only get put in modded servers now. Either it's hacked or there's botters in it. This is extremely upsetting, and I want to know WTF is going on.

Like if I was blacklisted or some **** like that.

EDIT: wow ****ing amazing, not only that but it also removes all my perks, and the admin is making himself invincible.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Ok I just tried again, and yes, I only get put in modded servers now. Either it's hacked or there's botters in it. This is extremely upsetting, and I want to know WTF is going on.

Like if I was blacklisted or some **** like that.

EDIT: wow ****ing amazing, not only that but it also removes all my perks, and the admin is making himself invincible.

Are you serious Kantham? You haven't been blacklisted, this just shows how ****ty VAC was implemented and how easy it is to go in and manipulate things. This game is a shining example of how not to handle a pc game and IW is paying the price for that. Will they learn their lesson, probably not.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hey capt, add me on Steam. (kantham)

I'm curious to see what happens if you're the party host.

I read and posted on the Steam forums and clearly people talk about the usual trash/whatnot, so it's only me and one guy (from what I could tell) that's getting this major fail.