Weapon suggestions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Congrats Lethal Dosage, they is a WW1 mod, called 'The Storm of Steel', even for HL2.
Most cool feature about it (byside ironsights) are horses as 'vehicle', now that is awesome.

They is also a second (much earlier started) WW1 mod for HL2 (I'm sure it is HL2), called Over the Top
They also have a more flexible loadout system.

Hmm, both aim on realism, who will win?

-edit-
OMG, they is even a third WW1 mod for HL2, called The Somme Valley. My god, it starts to grow.
This one will have ironsights too, but seems overall less realistic to me, cuz they stick to crosshairs when unaimed aswell and they have fixed classes.

Last edited:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Psychomorph said:
Hmm, both aim on realism, who will win?
Neither.

WW1, if done 'real' would be incredibly boring. The word "realistic" in games today just means the names of the weapons are correct.

Edit: I can't wait to see a trench charge into a machinegun where everybody bunnyhops

Last edited:

flamingknives

Oct 23, 2004
yurch said:
Neither.

WW1, if done 'real' would be incredibly boring. The word "realistic" in games today just means the names of the weapons are correct.

Edit: I can't wait to see a trench charge into a machinegun where everybody bunnyhops
I believe that your appreciation of WWI combat is flawed. While taking part in a major offensive wouldn't be much fun, that goes for nearly any pitched battle involving machineguns.

Trench raids, stormtrooper attacks and patrols would all fall into the game type seen in Infitration at the moment. That's just on the Western front, not counting Africa and Russia.

Eric220

Aug 8, 2005
Brampton
A VERY inaccurate Automatic sniper would be nice, as well as a chrome Desert Eagle .50 :D and possibly Tear gas which could blurr your vision or have a watery effect. :D

flamingknives

Oct 23, 2004
cracwhore said:
WW2 guns belong in the slew of shitty WW2 games from which they spawned.

You want WW2 guns? Go fucking play a WW2 game. You won't have trouble finding one.
There are plenty of Modern games too. Infiltration pwns them all

Eric220

Aug 8, 2005
Brampton
Crowze said:
Inaccurate sniper. Riiiiiiight.

lol? Your saying a semi AUTOMATIC sniper is accurate?

For those of you who play CS, I'm refering to the Krieg 550 or the D3, that sniper.

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Eric220 said:

For those of you who play CS, I'm refering to the Krieg 550 or the D3, that sniper.
INF has a semi-auto sniper rifle, the PSG-1. It is very accurate, but useless when you would be better off with a rifle.

If you really want a full auto gun with a scope, the FAMAS is ACOGable.

flamingknives

Oct 23, 2004
How about a British Light Support Weapon (LSW)
Scope? Yup
More powerful than regular 5.56? Longer barrel says yes.
Full-auto capabilities? Certainly.
Inaccurate? If you've got that hankering, model the A1 variant.

Eric220

Aug 8, 2005
Brampton
Crowze said:
No, I'm saying it's not much use as a sniper rifle if it isn't accurate. Don't use CS for examples. Just... don't.

lol CS:S claims to be real. And it is to a point such as their good ragdolls. But 1 grenade between the legs does 20 damage / 100. :mad:

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Eric220 said:

LOL. You do know that the Kreig 550 is actually supposed to be the SIG SG 550 right? There is allready an SG 551 in Inf. Just stick and ACOG on it and set it to semi, and there you go. The 551 is even less accurate than the 550 (14" barrel vs 20" barrel), though because Inf is realistic, it's still not as innacurate as in CS, and you're probably not going to notice any loss at most distances in the game.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Eric220 said:
lol CS:S claims to be real. And it is to a point such as their good ragdolls. But 1 grenade between the legs does 20 damage / 100. :mad:
FarCry isn't much better...
Fire a launched grenade(from the AG36/OICW, names unsure) in someone's face, and I do mean in their face, and... nothing... they are alerted to your presence and start shooting at you like they just got bit by a mosquito

I don't care how thick your kevlar vest is, a nade to the face is supposed to be lethal

The_Super_flingueur

Apr 4, 2006
I think most important to add: Steyr Aug :) . Add too: Glock 17 (yes). FN Scar or FN F2000. And mobile MG42/MG3 (it will be interesting I think :lol: ). And last SA-80 or M1 Thompson no?

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I don't think adding the MG42 (who the **** uses it nowadays?), MG3, MG74 or how all enhancements of the MG42 are called, would be a good idea (I know you wouldn't add it anyway ;) ) because the MG42 is a crew served weapon. At least two people are needed to operate it in a usefull way. Yes you can play the gunner role, but who would be the ammo-guy, who helps you with the barrel-change (~every 250 shots), who helps you while changing places, who looks for targets ...
And after all including a weapon that can only be fired reliable while lying is imo not the best idea. I like the idea of supressive fire, yet I know that you would have carry too much for a guy being alone especially in INF.
Additionally I'm not sure if there are ammo-boxes (for 200 shots) existing that you can "clip" at the lower of the weapon. We were issued with small "boxes" containing only 50 shots, the ammo-boxes containing 200 shoots were carried by the ammo-guy and then placed near the gun.