UE2 - UT2kX Trigger: Player Collision and Sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Superbabs84321

Oct 19, 2009
I am a relatively new at Unreal Tournament (UT2004). I have build a level and wanted to use some triggers in them (I am familiar with the concept of triggers), but I ca'n't seem the basic Trigger to work.

What I want: I want a sound to be played when the player walks through a junction if a hallway.

The hall's got a width of 512 unreal units (so the junction is 512x512). Anyways, on this site's wiki I found I could use the basic Trigger which detects Player Collision by default. I increased the collision area to 768 (both height and radius) and placed it on the floor of the center of the Crossroad. However, it does not seem to work. First, it doesn't give me a test message, nor does it trigger a message trigger (tied with Event in Trigger and Tag in the Messagetrigger). Does anyone has any idea what I did wrong?

Furthermore, I want to play a sound when a player enters a crossroad but it is not entirely clear which trigger I could use for that. Does anyone has any advice for this?

Thanks in advance,

Superbabs 84321.

PS The search function of this forum didn't work in my browser (it kept informing me that I couldn't run more than one search per 10 seconds). I tried a search on this forum via google but found no results either. My apologies if a thread on this topic already exists.

Superbabs84321

Oct 19, 2009
I am a relatively new at Unreal Tournament (UT2004). I have build a level and wanted to use some triggers in them (I am familiar with the concept of triggers), but I ca'n't seem the basic Trigger to work.

What I want: I want a sound to be played when the player walks through a junction if a hallway.

The hall's got a width of 512 unreal units (so the junction is 512x512). Anyways, on this site's wiki I found I could use the basic Trigger which detects Player Collision by default. I increased the collision area to 768 (both height and radius) and placed it on the floor of the center of the Crossroad. However, it does not seem to work. First, it doesn't give me a test message, nor does it trigger a message trigger (tied with Event in Trigger and Tag in the Messagetrigger). Does anyone has any idea what I did wrong?

I found the 'error' myself. I was running with the HUD hidden and apparantly, when the HUD is hidden no messages can be seen either.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Superbabs84321

Oct 19, 2009
Furthermore, I want to play a sound when a player enters a crossroad but it is not entirely clear which trigger I could use for that. Does anyone has any advice for this?

This one was rather easy to find out after all. You can just select AmbientSound under Sound to play a sound.

Babs out!