PlayStation 3 support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LubosD

Dec 11, 2004
Hello!

Any plans on supporting JailBreak on PlayStation 3? Google says you can make mod packages for PS3 using the Unreal Frontend tool. I'm not sure whether it requires some effort though.

Thanks!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I've already seen a video of someone playing a PS3 build of UT3 Jailbreak, so it seems possible. While technically any team member with access to the source packages could "cook" a PS3 build from the uncooked packages, only few of us actually have a PS3 to test it. (probably only Spoondog, and one person is definitely not enough for proper testing)

Future releases might also include an official PS3 download, but we haven't decided on that yet.

euchreplayer23

Nov 10, 2009
Any dedicated person that really want to, could use the cooked PC versions to cook for the PS3. Uncooking files is pretty easy actually.

If you guys need help with getting a PS3 version up and running I could easily cook 1 for you. I have helped spoondog b4 with cooking CBP3 Vol3/4 mappacks for the PS3. I have tried the new beta2 on PC and it is great. Although I miss JB-Jacques_Birthday.

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
We actually didn't cook the PC version this time. Leaving it uncooked allows for easier updating, and better compression for distribution. I'm glad to hear that you have been able to successfully get this to work on the PS3. SpoonDog actually just recently mentioned your name to us. If you have done play testing, we could distribute your PS3 version.

euchreplayer23

Nov 10, 2009
I am just testing it right now (the beta2 stuff on the PS3). TheMiceandMen assets were cooked by the way no big deal. Do you want a slice of cake out or in, on the PS3?

I did not make any changes to the maps but for some reason JB-Suspense won't load on the PS3. Every other map works fine and has no slow down or anything. 11 maps total work, the JB mutators also work. The mappack as it is now for the PS3 is 297mb. I am uploading it to mediafire zipped and then I will send you a PM when its done tommorrow.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
you can leave cake in if it doesnt perform as badly on it as it does on the ps3. IMO its fun as a gimmick once or twice, but in general people didn't like it (air vehicles + almost zero cover + low FPS = ugh).

Kinda funny that suspense won't load though, since its just the original map with a few things added. Maybe the modified stealthbender is causing a problem?

Last edited:

euchreplayer23

Nov 10, 2009
It is not the stealthbender, because I took it out and re-cooked still would not load. In fact I took out every single mesh/item, everything I could too find out but still it would not load. Maybe something in the Kismet. I am no expert in removing kismet to see if it is the problem.

None of the maps left have any slow down issues or any other issues.