Unreal and UT facts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
i made a little list of unreal & unreal tournament facts a few weeks ago and scince i just got registered i decided to post them:

1. you can boost your jumps with any default UT weapons other then the enfocer (single and double), the minigun, and the translocater (im not sure about redeemer because its next to impossible to survive a redeemer blast
2.if you have maxxed armor,you can survive a headshot (you probebely can do it without it completely maxing your armor)
3.although your max health value is 199 your max armor value is 250
4.you can survive a redeemer blast if you stand at the edge of the blast
5.sometimes other limbs can come off (legs and arms...)
6.corpses have HP values
7.you get a much better boost when rocket/impact hammer jumping if you jump before letting go of the fire button
8.if attempting to dodge the secondary fire of the minigun when fighting novice bots you are likely to get hit more often then dodge (unless if you do it right)
9.you can destroy a redeemer missle by shooting it,the explosion will have a melee range if it does do any damage but i don't relly know it will hurt still
10.it seems like there is a secret for every UT level... (UT maps made by the company)
11.if you tap the secondary fire when using the bio rifle the slime ball is smaller then the one you get by pressing primary fire,it takes about 2 or 3 ammo to create a slime ball of similar size (similar to primary fire) with the secondary fire
12.you can have up to 16 bots but there are actully 32 different bots
13.you can have a translocater in team DM
14.you can kill anyone with a translocater period,even someone with god mode!
15.in unreal you cannot keep the bio in the GES bio rifle after it is charged up (secondary fire)
16.in UT it takes only 5 ammo to fill secondary fire...
17.in both games the flak cannon never changed except for it's apperance
18.there is 13 weapons in unreal gold,old skool mods have only the 10 of them,the missing weapons are:the assault rifle, the gernade launcher, and the missile launcher
19.there are 11 default UT weapons
20.in unreal there are only 2 weapons that have controlable projectiles (use secondary fire for both):the razor jack and missile launcher
21.it seems that no matter what kind of jumping boost you use (see #1) it is painfull except for the sniper rifle
22.the slime from the bio rifle looks like flubber...
23.if you friegn death in UT LMS you automaticly die,obviously the ppl that made UT thought about ppl hiding by friegning death
24.if you friegn death in CTF you automaticly throw the flag at whatever your crosshair is pointing at (very short throwing range)
25.if you friegn death at a control point (actully playing dead with the control point touching you,not playing dead by it,the results are obvious on what will happen)and then someone captures it you will not recapture the control point automaticly when they leave
26.you can knock around your translocater disc by shooting it and still teleport to it
27.if you shoot a translocator disc you don't own the translocater disc will dissaper, (if you dont hit it it will stay) if the person tries to teleport to it with the translocater they will automaticly die
28.in UT you can fire weapons after a match by "changing weapons and fireing"

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
1. you can boost your jumps with any default UT weapons other then the enfocer (single and double), the minigun, and the translocater (im not sure about redeemer because its next to impossible to survive a redeemer blast
If you use boots, jump and fire a deemer, you can hit the edge of the explosion and survive. see 4.
2.if you have maxxed armor,you can survive a headshot (you probebely can do it without it completely maxing your armor)
With belt and keg you survive 2 headshots
3.although your max health value is 199 your max armor value is 250
You probably refer to the bug with the pads and armor here
8.if attempting to dodge the secondary fire of the minigun when fighting novice bots you are likely to get hit more often then dodge (unless if you do it right)
Obvious because if the spread of alt-fire
9.you can destroy a redeemer missle by shooting it,the explosion will have a melee range if it does do any damage but i don't relly know it will hurt still
It's harmless. You can even telefrag a redeemer
10.it seems like there is a secret for every UT level... (UT maps made by the company)
If you mean eastereggs thats wrong.
But all maps have their own hiding spots and tricks
13.you can have a translocater in team DM
You can have the x-loc in any gametype. But intelligent admins only activate it for CTF and DOM
15.in unreal you cannot keep the bio in the GES bio rifle after it is charged up (secondary fire)
Some weapons changed from U1 to UT, some didn't. Check the Unreal forum for a thread about ussar33 about this
23.if you friegn death in UT LMS you automaticly die,obviously the ppl that made UT thought about ppl hiding by friegning death
Yes. It would be very lame
24.if you friegn death in CTF you automaticly throw the flag at whatever your crosshair is pointing at (very short throwing range)
feigning death with the flag or the shieldbelt is just plain stupidity
26.you can knock around your translocater disc by shooting it and still teleport to it
Try it with the ImpactHammer. It's called a telepunt. On Face you can come from top of one tower to the sniperbay of the other. on LavaGiant you can reach the top of the mountain.
The shockrifle can also be used to combo the disk midair
27.if you shoot a translocator disc you don't own the translocater disc will dissaper, (if you dont hit it it will stay) if the person tries to teleport to it with the translocater they will automaticly die
It won't disappear but the light goes out. You clearly hear the sound of a destroyed disk. If your disk was destroyed walk over it to collect it, and you can use it again.
Some people push disks in lava or slime to prevent this
Whith highly sophisticated fibger coordination you can translocate out of the screen

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
1.i couldn't test the deemer because of it's damage and range,if you can manage to figure out how far the blast will knock you plz tell...

2.nice....

3.probebly am

8.you didn't complete the sentence but i think i know what you mean (when i was a n00b i tried to dodge the minigun of a novice but almost every bullet ended up hitting me :( )

9.hmmm... that would be hard to do (telefragging the missle

10. ya,im talking about the hiding spots and tricks (btw:both unreal games are like that:in fact unreal to UT conversions sometimes have the same secrets scince they are bassicly the same

13. for some reason i can't get the translocator in regular DM and some other game types... do i have to put it in the ".ini" files?

15. yup,you can keep the bio in if your playing UT

23.i hide and have ppl try to find me sometimes (i have very good hiding spots on some levels)

24. i actully tried it to see what would happen, playing dead with a shield belt is suicide (if i remember right the shield belt stays on)
playing dead with the flag in front of you in Carry the flag is suicide if there are no pits and/or corpses (the smarter player will notice that the timer started recently and that there are no corpses around so the "corpse" must actully be a player unless if he fell in a pit)

26. ya i heard of that before.. not very easy if you never did it before

27. hmmm... for some reason on my copy of UT the translocator dissapers... but then again most of the times decals wont work... maybe i should reinstall UT...

28. i wonder if you can aim.... (i never did it,i just heard about it)

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
noobs....

a few months ago i was playing CTF,something like this happened:

when i played CTF once i played dead at the opponets base (alot of corpses there so my "corpse" didnt stick out) and almost got thier flag... (i died at thier flag)

then i go for it again...

i get caught trying to play dead and get blasted to hell by a RL,you would think they learned that i play dead in front of thier base but guess what?!

i play dead in front of the base and they dont go parinoid over this!oh well,but i get caught like 3 more times,not very lucky...

and i manage to cap thier flags a few times: (some in between the 3 times i played dead and got killed)the newbies didnt attack the corpses even though it was getting obvious about what my strat was!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
It's complete but a typo. Must be "of"

13. for some reason i can't get the translocator in regular DM and some other game types... do i have to put it in the ".ini" files?
Online it's a server setting. You can't do anything about it. In a practise session offline tick the translocator box in one of the menus

26. ya i heard of that before.. not very easy if you never did it before
Practise, practise, practise. Telepunting is easy once you figured it out. The shock thing is incredibly hard with lag

28. i wonder if you can aim.... (i never did it,i just heard about it
You can't. It depend where you stand at the end. Try to get on the edge of the screen

Archmage[GDI]

Feb 13, 2001
Pittsburgh PA
Visit site
I have to disagree with 8-4-7-2 about intelligent admins turning off the translocator in Deathmatch (well, make that TDM) I currently play most of my public games at The Factory. The admin there has the translocator enabled and its a blast. There is a very good level of competition not found on most public servers and is worth checking out. If the translocator wasn;'t enabled, it would be IMHO not nearly as fun as it is. Because this server is frequented by many regulars, we all know how to use the translocator and it makes for some very interesting situations. Stop by and try it out sometime, I think you'll like it.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
A lot of this stuff is already known/common knowledge, but I just want to clarify a few things (some of which was already clarified).

Originally posted by Ice Lord

12.you can have up to 16 bots but there are actully 32 different bots
17.in both games the flak cannon never changed except for it's apperance
18.there is 13 weapons in unreal gold,old skool mods have only the 10 of them,the missing weapons are:the assault rifle, the gernade launcher, and the missile launcher

12. The game doesn't allow you to put in higher than 16 in the dialog box, but you can add the other bots.

17. All weapons that came over to UT from U1 changed aesthetically. But the flak cannon's loading time did change.

18. That is because Unreal Gold gives you the expansion "Return to Na Pali".

24. Not true.

JJaX

Sup Big Perm, I mean Worm
Mar 23, 2001
NJ
www.thedirtydozenclan.com
Originally posted by 8-4-7-2

Whith highly sophisticated fibger coordination you can translocate out of the screen

1) hold primary fire button down
2) switch to x-loc
3) after x-loc is fired let go hold secondary fire
4) switch to different weapon
5) repeat :)
:trans: :trans:

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Re: Re: Unreal and UT facts

Originally posted by The Dopefish
A lot of this stuff is already known/common knowledge, but I just want to clarify a few things (some of which was already clarified).

12. The game doesn't allow you to put in higher than 16 in the dialog box, but you can add the other bots.

17. All weapons that came over to UT from U1 changed aesthetically. But the flak cannon's loading time did change.

18. That is because Unreal Gold gives you the expansion "Return to Na Pali".

24. Not true.
finnaly learned how to do that :)
12. theres was to get more then 16 bots
if you get the team balancing mod and make the settings for example
4 for blue team
4 for red team
4 for yellow team
4 for green team

it would make 18 bots- the amount of players appear in the dialog box in other words if i did practice and set it for like that in a Team DM it would make 17 because there was a player (18 if i was a spectator)
if you dont have the team balancing mod im talking about you can always edit the .ini files :)

17. not true even if your not talking about unreal gold heres the weapons that were never converted and thier replaements

unreal
--------
stinger

unreal gold
--------------
all 3 of the additional weapons

UT
---
pulse gun

all other weapons went like this for you n00bs:

despenser rifle LVL 1 > impact hammer
automag > enforcer
stinger was replaced by the pulse gun,it wasn't relly a conversion although the primary fires were similar
ges bio rifle > bio rifle
razor jack > ripper
flak cannon > flak cannon
8 ball > rocket launcher
rifle > sniper rifle
minigun > minigun
ASMD > shock rifle
the redeemer is similar to the rocket launcher in unreal gold:both of the primary fires shot uncontrollable missles, both of the secondary fires shot controllable missles controlled by mouselook or turning and looking up and down, however the redeemer is much stronger and the RL has alot more ammo

18. you mean it wasn't in the origanle unreal?! :eek2:

24. it is true,i did it alot of times in MCTF, whenever i friegned death the flag would be thrown where i aimed,except the flag would quickly drop to the floor (it's range is about the same as the secondary fire of a flak cannon)

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
If you fiegn death with a flag on your back you simply drop it. It doesn't get thrown at all. It will appear right on your back where you are lying down and someone else can come and pick it up. The only way to "throw" the flag would be if you were moving(most likely only in the air) and feigned death. Then the flag might continue motion. But it certainly doesn't go as far as a flak fire(unless someone just blew your ass up, then I've seen it travel across the whole stage, depending on what killed you). ;)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Re: Re: Re: Unreal and UT facts

Originally posted by Ice Lord
12. theres was to get more then 16 bots
if you get the team balancing mod and make the settings for example
4 for blue team
4 for red team
4 for yellow team
4 for green team

it would make 18 bots- the amount of players appear in the dialog box in other words if i did practice and set it for like that in a Team DM it would make 17 because there was a player (18 if i was a spectator)
if you dont have the team balancing mod im talking about you can always edit the .ini files :)

Err?? that would make 16 bots, if u start a practice session like that it will stay 16, because when u join a bot will leave. no more than 16 players (bots) via the menu.

U can however add bots via the console by typing: addbots 4, 4 or how much u like.
There also are mutators which allow up to 64 players

U might wanna check out ©leaners FAQ

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
im not used to staying up more then one day non-stop

Originally posted by _Zd_MEELOBEE_

Err?? that would make 16 bots, if u start a practice session like that it will stay 16, because when u join a bot will leave. no more than 16 players (bots) via the menu.

U can however add bots via the console by typing: addbots 4, 4 or how much u like.
There also are mutators which allow up to 64 players

U might wanna check out ©leaners FAQ

i didn't sleep at all today...

im tierd... :(

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
and i don't mean to offend, icelord, but your posts were incredibly hard to read because of the typos/grammar mistakes. sorry!

you can get quite a bloodbath by adding, say, 32 bots at once. it's fun. really. :D

Aprazeth

Monkey-455Lover
Nov 14, 1999
Netherlands
www.planetapra.com
The FLAK Cannon DID change from Unreal to UT.
1: The loading time and general spread of primary fire
2: The curve of secondary flakcannon fire is altered... trust me on that one

Other "thingies" i know about
A: The bug in the main INI file for U / UT ( Unreal.ini / UnrealTournament.ini ) still contains the incredibly odd and stupid " Render.RenderDevice=Glide.GlideDRVRenderDevice as i recall
B: The rifle in UT, doesn't shoot straight at the crosshairs.

C: The redeemer destruction ( when you shoot it ) IS deadly at close range. Give a boot a redeemer and shoot at the bot with a minigun.... you will see

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
anoter UT fact:hitting anything in the head will cause more damage no matter what weapon you use,but only sniper rifles and rippers give the "headshot" message

T

Terminal {DTH}

yeah, i rather miss the assalut rifle from unreal's addon pack. like to see it for UT in a mutaror or mod. :(

and icelord, that is ONLY true if you are counting standard weapons with no mutators/mods whatsoever running at the time.