Dear Blizzard...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I really don't give a shit about pvp, but goddamn.
They've had forever to get this 'right'. Now forever isn't long enough?!

Another in a long line of disappointments out of Blizzard.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
When will the gaming community ever learn?

Before launch of a Valve/Blizzard game:
"My god, they are taking forever! They don't care about their fans. Soon(tm). Two weeks(tm). How hard could it be? Just hurry up already!"

After launch of a Valve/Blizzard game:
"IT'S SO EPIC I WANT TO FUCK IT. See, gaming industry? This is how it's done - quality over quantity, stop rushing your releases!"

Frankly it's getting a bit sad watching this repeat over and over.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I don't disagree, although I think all those people waiting for HL2:EP3 may have a point by now - it's been four (coming on five) years since the previous episode, and Valve have released six games since with two others scheduled this year, and no EP3 in sight...

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
"IT'S SO EPIC I WANT TO FUCK IT. See, gaming industry? This is how it's done - quality over quantity, stop rushing your releases!"

I am proud to never have let such words come out of my mouth.
Mostly because I was never the huge blizzard fantool to begin with. :lol:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
When will the gaming community ever learn?

Before launch of a Valve/Blizzard game:
"My god, they are taking forever! They don't care about their fans. Soon(tm). Two weeks(tm). How hard could it be? Just hurry up already!"

"IT'S SO EPIC I WANT TO **** IT. See, gaming industry? This is how it's done - quality over quantity, stop rushing your releases!"

Frankly it's getting a bit sad watching this repeat over and over.

To be fair, Blizzard products have dropped severely in quality. I honestly don't think I'm going to be buying Diablo III, judging from what I've seen so far.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Probably the same thing that's happened to BioWare.
Put simply:
money-dollar-bills-bundle.jpg

Bitches got greedy!

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
"Charge" 1 lone ability in wow, took 6 years to be made functional.
So were you disappointed before or after they fixed it?

The rest of what you said probably comes down to individual taste as far as I see.

Blizzard make pretty solid products with very few bugs in my experience. Even the apparently non-functioning charge actually did manage to function in 99% of occasions for me during those 6 otherwise terribly "disappointing" years...

I think you're a little too keen to flame them...

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
They are declining in quality imo. Just look at Starcraft. The multiplayer balance and gameplay is solid, and the competitive features are the best out there. The rest is crap, especially the single player campaign.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
They are declining in quality imo. Just look at Starcraft. The multiplayer balance and gameplay is solid, and the competitive features are the best out there. The rest is crap, especially the single player campaign.

Meh! it was good enough to get me to play it from beginning to end, which i've not done in an RTS game since Red Alert I think. At worst i'd call that "Adequate"

What was wrong with it? I thought it suitably reflected it's predecessor and told an interesting story well(for an RTS game)

Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com

I'm guessing they looked at SC1 and said, hmm.... nobody cares about the single player... Fuck it. Focus on multiplayer.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com

It's like with the multiplayer they were somehow investing in a whole country's worth of e-sports licensing or something. Oh wait!

Seriously though, I really don't see the need to crap on Blizzard. So they're patching in the PvP in Diablo 3 at a later time. So what? I know I've largely been looking forward to the actual solo/coop campaign that the game will have, as will most people who play Diablo games. If them patching the PvP in later so they can balance that more gets me the campaign game sooner, I don't see the problem.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I just read that League of Legends is now more popular in Korea than Starcraft.

WTF?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I can believe it. When I was in Malaysia at the beginning of December, I stopped by an internet gaming cafe which had over 500 seats - I would hazard a guess that around 95% of it was playing League of Legends.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
There are rumours going around, though, that some of the old BW veterans are starting to come over to SC2. There have been multiple pictures from within Korean training houses where certain faces have been blocked out, one or two BW team managers have suggested as much, and ladder accounts with insane win percentages have started appearing here and there.

The BW monopoly on Korean non-pro players has come to an end because there are so many newer games out there that can be equally fun to play for your average casual/competitive player. BW isn't the only decent game around any more, and the pro scene isn't exactly in its prime anymore either. It's only logical that another game would replace BW in PC Bangs eventually.

Question is whether SC2 will be able to take on LoL in this regard.