Is this even possible?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I was playing (offline naturally) Instagib CTF in Thorns 4. One problem: I sucked! I mean I couldn't hit the broad side of a bot from 10 feet! Then I would score some amazing kill from across the map, usually by randomly firing. But man, when I tried to hit something, forget it. All I would do is basically say "Hello, I'm trying to kill you. I hope you won't shoot me now...." *BANG* *you are dead. Hit fire to respawn*

BUT.....

I'm not bad with the regular Shock Rifle. And I don't mean cause I can combo with it, I mean with primaries.

uhhhhh....

something doesn't click here!? they're both shock rifles so how can I suck using one and not the other?? :con:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Yeah, sometimes with instagib you just get in a groove where it's an instant reflex when you see someone. That happened to me one day recently, ended up with a efficiency around 90% which is rare for me, becuase I don't play much instagib and ususally don't do exceptionally well when I do.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
no, it's all in my scores! :D

How is it I can end up with only 41 frags after a 5-cap CTF game?! :)

This is offline, so packet loss, ping, any other online plagues don't apply.

Of course it could be the crosshair. I find myself so used to one, then when I installed UT on this computer I was shocked. I couldn't find my crosshair! Then I finally remembered I had to install it :D

I'll try it again tonight, same rules. 4v4 CTF thorns v4 IG 5 caps, with this crosshair. Maybe it really is all in my head :)

Aug 1, 2001
Left
Visit site
Originally posted by Nemephosis
I was playing (offline naturally) Instagib CTF in Thorns 4. One problem: I sucked! I mean I couldn't hit the broad side of a bot from 10 feet! Then I would score some amazing kill from across the map, usually by randomly firing. But man, when I tried to hit something, forget it. All I would do is basically say "Hello, I'm trying to kill you. I hope you won't shoot me now...." *BANG* *you are dead. Hit fire to respawn*

BUT.....

I'm not bad with the regular Shock Rifle. And I don't mean cause I can combo with it, I mean with primaries.

uhhhhh....

something doesn't click here!? they're both shock rifles so how can I suck using one and not the other?? :con:

Maybe it was just a bad day:p :shock:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Nemephosis

This is offline, so packet loss, ping, any other online plagues don't apply.

Ahhh.. maybe it's Loque, we all know that he's a cheater!

Well, we know you are too, but instagib doesn't have an impact hammer! :D

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Originally posted by LordofthePings
Maybe with the regular Shock Rifle you know you don't have infinite ammo
You've obviously never played on Nightmare's server :D.

Yes, I refuse to use any other name...... Nephem... err nemph.... you see? it has to be Nightmare. :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Kilham's right. Blink Mutator Pack. Never play without infinite ammo :D

Maybe it was just a bad day. People get those.

I sure hope it was ;) :D