ProU bites it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
I just reread this whole thread. Was kinda fun.

Let me sum up Prounreal in one simple to handle sammich.

There were only 4 or 5 people on ProU who did the GB2INA thing. They were all from #chinatown. Every time someone new would post on the forums the bunch of them would crawl out of the woodwork and start the trolling.

The most common perpetrators were: Soldano, Sinz, Lord Hypnos and Error. There was a couple more idiots but those guys were the worst. They would get kicked out of all the MIRC channels but the admins would not ban them from ProU.

Looking back on all of this makes me sad a bit. I would laugh at first but then it would get nasty and one lone new guy would come under attack by the whole #chinatown crew and just get overwhelmed with all the BS.

I would get pissed and let them have it but these guys were my "friends" going way back to '99. So I felt helpless to try to do anything back then. My hands were tied.

These #chinatown guys were good tho. They didn't just troll you they would go all over the net searching for stuff about you. If you were in a clan and had screenshots of OGL matches, or just some random posts on another site..........they would find out about it. And they would go out full fire to make you cry like a baby.

But, after all the BS, the admins DID do something about it. This was why 1979's website was created. All the flaming and trolling was pushed there. ProU was a better place for quite some time but as soon as 1979's website was forcefully removed from the net, all the BS started to happen again on ProU.

Then the real admins like Bman and Corren left the scene and the trolls pretty much took over. End of story

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Guess what? Was just a broken server board. It will be up soon.

As for you..........don't bother coming back.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
The site is alive and kicking with many pugs being played in both UT99 and UT2k4. Still mad you never got to play with the pros? poor baby

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
I got something in the mail yesterday about MLCTF at Prounreal. Quite a nice surprise. I hope it goes well.

Thanks hal :)

The guy who runs the site has been sending out emails to all the old account holders to see if there is still interest. Lots of people coming out of the woodwork to chat and/or pug. People actually installing both UT games and pugging. It is a nice surprise.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I have been pugging 2k4 ctf all week. It almost feels like it's 2005/2006 again.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Lots going on. Cash tournaments starting this spring or summer. MLUT CTF tournament starting this week with drafts.

Archetype

Jul 5, 2009
Down again. Tooly, get on it. Email people, or write up another rant or whatever you did last time. It's in the middle of MLUT I thought, from my latest perusal of the site... why would it go down now?

I could dl an irc client and see what's going on, but I'm proud to have not been on irc in like 7 years or something. Plus I'm lazy as shit.

Second post.