The Dreamcast is dead? Maybe not...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
It doesn't matter. My dreamcast really is dead, literally. And I'm not paying $70 to get a $90 console repaired.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I think Sega screwing over any chance of American users getting broadband access on the system also killed the Dreamcast. Sega just needs to get their act together and try harder this time to make sure the Dreamcast stays alive.

Sega killed the Dreamcast, I dont think anyone else is to blame for its quick death. They screwed the American market over with their lack of hardware upgrades and support, and spoiled Japan with great internet access for the dreamcast.

If they get the internet support going again DC has a great chance of making a come back in the United States.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
DC? whats that, can it play quake?

Yes it can, actually.

It can also play Doom.

lwe05.jpg

Not to mention run Windows CE, Linux and NetBSD.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by -_-T()()L-_-
I think Sega screwing over any chance of American users getting broadband access on the system also killed the Dreamcast. Sega just needs to get their act together and try harder this time to make sure the Dreamcast stays alive.

Sega killed the Dreamcast, I dont think anyone else is to blame for its quick death. They screwed the American market over with their lack of hardware upgrades and support, and spoiled Japan with great internet access for the dreamcast.

If they get the internet support going again DC has a great chance of making a come back in the United States.
Sega has a history of dumping their systems too early and making stupid decisions. Reguardless of whether the DC is good or not, it's still dead. If Sega ever makes another system I won't buy it because of all the crap they've done.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
I was in fact pointing out the fact that it was running Quake 1 and Doom, neither of which were released for the Dreamcast, but in fact are the Win32 versions running on top of WinCE on the Dreamcast.

Several games, such as Grand Theft Auto 2 and Slave Zero were ported to the system this way.