Damn thieves

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006

Perhaps you forgot how to read? The rest of that sentence says it doesn't hurt very bad. The rest of the paragraph goes on to say that if someone shot me with a paintball gun it would simply make me angry rather than want to flee. I have been shot with paintballs at a number of ranges and while it most certainly stings like a mother****, even being shot on bare skin from 5 feet away (which, granted will stop you flat when you're simply playing a game) doesn't hurt as much as a hard punch.

~Jason

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The guy could be on drugs and have a knife with him under his clothes, i am not going to punch him.

I'm not saying you should punch him, I'm saying that you shouldn't shoot annoying paintballs at him, which would piss him off.

I'm a fan of calling the police, or grabbing your samurai sword. Either be prepared and equipped with deadly force to REALLY defend yourself or get away and let the cops take care of it.

~Jason

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
It's not so bad Icy.
-
But anyway "ownership" is completely subjective, no really owns anything. The existence of ownership and thievery should depend on the perception of the people involved as neither thievery or ownership are natural words.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, since it seems an agreement can't be made on paintball gun, air gun or whatever, just shoot him with a "real" gun and be done with it. This and the death penalty is where I part ways with the rest of the liberal philosophy. If someone commits a crime, then they should be prepared to die; if not, then just don't do it. A man has a right, whether given by the government or not, to defend himself and his family from unwanted intruders.

From what I hear, either the Florida law (or the national law, but I think it's just Florida) on this has changed and you don't have to haul them into your house anymore if you shoot them in your yard to be within the law. I don't own a gun or have ever fired a "real" one, but I believe people should have this right.:)

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
It depends on the type of institution and on the patient. Institutionalization can be highly dangerous for lots of patients though, the authority people don't seem to realize this at times.
I don't know if there's checkers acctually, that would be cool.

Mar 6, 2004
I'm not saying you should punch him, I'm saying that you shouldn't shoot annoying paintballs at him, which would piss him off.

I'm a fan of calling the police, or grabbing your samurai sword. Either be prepared and equipped with deadly force to REALLY defend yourself or get away and let the cops take care of it.

~Jason

1 paintball someone can shrug off, a dozen paintballs i'm sure you would have to be super strong. Like i said, 1 is the warning shot. If they come charging me, then i'll defend myself firing at him untill he's on his knees. my last attempt i'll shoot him in the nuts. I don't want to kill him over a few replacable things, i just want him to GTFO of my house. If i have to i'll shoot him in the face. I'll obviously crank it up all the way to 400, or get the gun someone told me about instead of the paintball gun.

Anyway i just found out another house was broken into the same day, and another house a week before that.

Mar 6, 2004

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
What  has that got to do with it?

He's asserting that because animals mark things/areas as their own, ownership is natural.

I would think that your larger point stands because humans might want to try being smarter than animals, but what do I know?

I grew up having things taken from me by people who were older and bigger than me, and I spent years fighting and becoming bitter because I let it affect me. Now nobody's taking my things, but I've stopped considering things to be mine anyway.

Last edited:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
They do, especially if you ramp the pressure up to 400+ fps (pb fields limit to 280 I think)
I've heard you can launch marbles out of them, never tested nor seen so I couldn't tell ya

Another thing you could get is an airsoft gun and get a stronger spring put in it(or not depending on maker, Echo1 chronos at 380ish fps stock)
A 6mm bb flying at 400fps hurts like hell and at close enough range can penetrate skin.

This is a fabulous example of the delicious and inane anti-logic that flows so freely here. I almost want to perma-quote it for posterity.

*edit* LOL, I always wondered why Killer's grammar was horrendously incoherent. He's Canadian!! :D

Last edited: