Thank you, Please Hold

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
*sigh*
I work with techsupport
The most evil jobs of all the "IT" jobs ;)

If you have not worked as Techsupport or in ANY call center I'm goint to let you in on a few things that go on.

1. If the tech seems slow to respond or asks you to repeate things alot... he's surfing the net, or reading something and not paying attention to you. we do it alot. A few techs master playing Counter-Strike and giving techsupport. "yeah, I want you to right click the AWP, I mean... Dialup-networking"

2. Throwing a fit on the phone will not hurt our feelings, the chances are we are laughing our asses off @ you after the call

3. Throwing a fit to the Manager will just make me, and the manager laugh at you

4. I don't care about you dog/house/family, I'm sure there nice and all, but I just need to get you off the phone.

5. I don't care about your personal agrovations

6. despite what you think, your @ my mercy here, not visa versa I can always just hangup

7. Just becasue I talk like I am being nice, does not mean I'm in a bad mood

8. Repeating things 5 times will pissme off

9. Asking me "right or left" when I tell you to click on something will casue me to goto your house and shoot you

10. I don't give a damn if you can't get on the net :p

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Tell me phatcat, how do you recommend dealing with tech support reps who burst into tears because they have had a bad day and you just yelled at them because they are an idiot and you have to repeat yourself 3 times before they know what is happening?

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
What if, theoretically, they wanted to kill themselves? Should I use reverse psychology suicide counciling?

"Go ahead and blow your head off, no one will miss you."

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
hey Phat... I work techsupport for GTi. Sucks ass. Half the calls we get are about software we dont even ****in make. I usually just surf the BBS and play INF while I deal with idiots on the other end.

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
RL.. great idea :rolleyes:
Had a friend of mine at MIT walk in on an attempted suicide a year ago. Girl had a gun in her mouth, police were already there. Her boyfriend was sitting next to her trying to talk her out of it. After about 3 hours he got pissed off and said something to that effect. She did. It shattered her jaw... didn't kill her thank god... cause she's hot :D

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
When she awoke in the hospital, I would have said:
"You must really be a failure in life. You must be a real loser to not be able to kill yourself. I mean, how hard is it to end your life? Just looking in the room around me I can see a dozen ways to kill myself."

evil rouge
miniifrit.gif

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Wish I could do a diagram well enough. From the description he gave me, the bullet passed through the bottom of her jaw and went into the floor near her. She held the gun sideways, it was at an angle when it went off. I can picture it happening and how she held it from the description... sorry if I can't explain it well.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
hey Phat... I work techsupport for GTi. Sucks ass. Half the calls we get are about software we dont even ****in make. I usually just surf the BBS and play INF while I deal with idiots on the other end.

Heheh, how do you think I get the time to post on the boards all day :)
INF-boards is the single most person causeing me to say "what?" to the customers :)

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I have met few people who can survive working in tech support without losing their soul and their faith in humanity. Most are reduced to bitter misanthropes who eventually climb a bell tower.

Glad to see you're one of the lucky few!