Unreal Tournament, WindowxXP, GeForce 2, OpenGl problems...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cpl. Shepard

Apr 15, 2000
Visit site
I'm sorry to do this to you guys, but the graphical problems I'm having with my version of UT are upsetting. Before you ask, yes, I searched the forums, implemented every change that sounded worthy (sometimes worsening the problem), downloaded the latest drivers for my Geforce 2 MX 200 (WinXP - 23.11 drivers), and checked various help sites. I've still got my problem.

Here's the story. The OpenGL mode in Unreal Turnament runs fine, but I cannot get Detail Textures to turn on for the life of me.
:( In Direct3D I can get all the bells and whistles to run, but D3D seems to be both slower and features some horrendous clippling problems. Also, I've installed the Savage3D High Res Textures from the second CD, and according to geforcefaq.com UT's OpenGL mode should utilize them. Obviously, however, my current OpenGL renderer has some problems. And, yes, I downloaded the OpenGL driver geforcefaq.com recommended for UT and edited the .ini file with the proper changes. No effect.

Any tips, ideas? BTW, if you've been asked this way too many times feel free to ignore/flame me - I know how irritiating repeated newbie posts can be. :/ I'm about fed up with this too. :D