Orson Scott Card Interview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
HomeLAN asked a few questions of famed sci-fi writer Orson Scott Card about his involvement in the upcoming Advent Rising from Glyphx and Majesco:

HomeLAN - What first attracted you to working with Glyphx on Advent Rising?

Orson Scott Card - The first thing that attracted me was the talent and intelligence of the guys creating the game. It's all about the people, frankly. They had the kind of energy and excitement I saw in the team at Lucasfilm Games back when they were in the carriage house at the ranch and making games like Loom and Monkey Island. Plus, they cared about the same kind of storytelling I cared about. There's something about the culture of a creative group that tells you whether they're going to produce anything good. Naturally, game designers hope their game does well, but if making money is the goal, the dream, then the game is usually going to be a mass of cliches with maybe one strong idea. Only if the motive is the game itself, to give the audience a great experience, do you find innovation and creation piling up on each other to create an experience that rewards the players' minds and hearts as well as stimulating their twitch reflex. A game should do more for a player than provide the kind of experience a dead frog gets when its brain is prodded with an electrode.

Read on, McDuff...