SF open beta testing.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
// back on-topic (please?) ;)

I have to agree :
this 'site-subscription'-stuff sounds pretty 'shady'.
To me it looks more like they're trying to avoid the
'thou shalt not sell modifications for profit'-part of the license-agreement.

This 'beta' for subscribers looks like another thing to get ppl to buy the "subscription" to the site.

If they really wanted to do an 'open' beta, then they should do it like Unreal Fortress team.
They have one server open to the public with the (current?) beta for the next release ...

And paying for a beta is just stupid IMHO. You do this stuff for free or you get paid to do it (as a service for the developers).
Anything else is just abusing the fact that some ppl are too impatient to wait for a finished product.

Last edited:

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
I don't want to bash Opti for his beliefs, but over on thier forum, there have been a few threads started be Opti himself, one had to do with asking for money to build a church(he made it a 'sticky' in the General SF area), the other was a thread letting people know where to contact him should they need 'help'..(also a sticky in the General SF area). I have also seen an entire thread that was intelligently speaking about religion deleted. It's unfortunate that he uses his 'forum power' to further his own personal agenda. As for the CD thing, if they got money for it, good. They work hard and deserve something..and if Infiltration or the 'new' TacOps tried the same thing, I would probably send some cash as well.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Just testing...

Fu<b></b>ck

-edit-
Damn, LOL

that wasn't hard to figure out.

... and I don't even know sh<b></b>it bout... wait... I won't tell... MUAHAHA.

Use the source Luke. ;)

post<b></b>count the postc<b></b>ounting postc<b></b>ounts :D

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You spoiled the fun, now noone will even think about what I meant with "Use the source Luke."

Oh well :)