Nothing like fragging in the summertime...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
How do you people spend your summer vacation?

Me: Eat, sleep, play UT, and go to a night class. (Btw, we were let out early tonight and my brother still has the car; that's why I'm here, posting from the college computer lab.)

I'm still playing UT to keep my skills up. Sadly, it's been all offline. I tried it on my 56k modem connection, and it truely sucked; plus my ISP is starting to become flaky and sometimes unreliable and my experiences become plain unenjoyable.

Amazing how I've gotten better at UT since I started in February (I think =\ ); went from "Average" level bots to "Adept" in only 5 months.

I've been trying out custom maps I downloaded from Nali City; downloaded a whole ton of DM and CTF maps before leaving UCI for the summer. Still have well over 100 more maps to play. Should keep me busy the whole summer.

Anyway, you'll see me here once in a while, but like I said, I won't be a regular visitor until probably September when I go back to UCI or until we get cable modem service at home.

So, what do you people do in the summer?

Sorry if I'm being annoying... :eek:

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
Originally posted by Hyrulian Hero (h.h.)
Amazing how I've gotten better at UT since I started in February (I think =\ ); went from "Average" level bots to "Adept" in only 5 months.

Ahem, I went from beating Average to beating Adept in the space of a week (about 6 hours play)... I guess the skills transfer well from HL, Deus-Ex, DOOM, JK etc.... I'm still utterly lame against humans though.... (or against GodLike ... but even then although the Bots are very fast & accurate they're too predictable).

Anyway, I spend lots of time outside in the summer evenings ... I don't start gaming until it's dark, and the rest of the house has gone to sleep; I need 5 hours sleep against my wife's 8 so internet stuff (incl. gaming) fills most of those 3 hours.

GerbilJammer

Resident NOOb :D
Jan 25, 2001
Louisiana
i haven't played as much UT as i should lately.... but when i first started playing i found the masterful level easy at times.... when im on a roll ill 0wn3r it up on godlike :D guess those old quake 1 skeelz really help :D

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
The stock market is closed only a few days of the year...if it is open, you guys can count on me checking PuF, trading stocks, and wishing all I had to do was eat, sleep, and play UT :)

Reee

ps. status of single player: Now beating the game on Inhuman. Stuck on Archane Temple at the moment. Cheap ass bastard Reaper keeps gettin the best of me.

Ree