M16 bug?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
M

MadMatt

I was using the M16 in inf_hillbase when I noticed something weird. I was just messing around and using the 'set input' zoom cheat when I noticed that the speed of every 3rd round fired was cut immensly. I was targeting some bots that were circling the CD from the top of the slope at the entrance to the base. You could actually see the bullet fly and count to almost 3 seconds before it hit em'! That bullet is also the most accurate, every time. I also tested it on boxes and dead guys on other mods and on the first level of Unreal.

Thanks, Matt-

W

Warren

Hehe- ok- here's how it works. That third round is a tracer round. But the normal bullets aren't projectiles like that round is, so instead Unreal basically draws an invisible line from the gun to a surface of some kind and spawns bullet hits. They are instantanious, but we're looking into adding ballistics to the weapons so from large distances bullet hits won't 'hit' right away.