New Puter Specs....input....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
I went from:

P3 450Mhz
Abit Bx-6 rev. 2.0
256 Mb Ram
Voodoo3 3000 AGP
17GB WD 7200 UDMA 66 Hard Drive
Windows 98Se

to:

1000 Mhz ThunderBird
Abit KT7-Raid 2.0
256 Mb Ram
Voodoo3 3000 AGP
17GB WD 7200 UDMA 66 Hard Drive
Windows 98Se

I always run at 1024x768 16-bit(obviously) with all details set to max, dynamic lighting, 3d hardware sound, etc.

On the old system I was pulling around 35-40 fps average on the intro demo.

On the new rig I get around 70-75 fps average on the intro demo.

I think I'm actually alot faster than that but the V3 is slowin me down. I'm gonna try the gefore DDr that have in my GF's computer and see if it makes a difference. I was using the V3 before cause it actually ran faster in UT(glide and all).

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Well sh!t, as if you didn't smack me around enough with the old one. :/

Check this link out. http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=19316 You'll see the various units used and the various fps people get. Actually, I'd love to see you adding your input to it too.

With my comp, I'm using the tnt2 ultra on d3d, and it's holding my fps back. I would think the v3 under glide would be cool. I certainly wouldn't get a voodoo5 at this point. All the games are moving to opengl, including Unreal2 when it comes out.

I'm personally sticking with what I've got, and am going to buy the best opengl card available when U2 comes out.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Well I certainly won't be getting any 3DFX stuff. Actually no one will be if what I just heard is true. NVidia is finally making their move and 3DFX may very well be no more. My next card will probably be a faster Geforce(Ultra or whatever's newer).

I'm also going to format my PC soon(I'm really surprised that it's running fine without formatting), and when I do I'm going to format my backupt drive(I moved it all to the linux box) and setup the RAID-0 on my mobo. Then I might see even more of an increase. Maybe not in FPS but at least load time.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I can't believe you set it all up without reformatting and stuff. I'm sure you'll see an increase (especially in boot time) once you've done this.

I was drooling over the geforce2 Ultra last week, and came inches away from buying it. The thing is, nVidia's got their new chipset just around the corner, and the ultra is just there to fill in some time before it comes out. */me slaps himself alongside the head trying to remember the new chip's name*

Hulla nice system you got. /me ph34r5 you even more now. :) I would recommend you switch to modem connection. ;p