Infinity Blade 2 Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Okay... a whole bunch of things here. First off, Epic and ChAIR have announced Infinity Blade 2 at Apple's iPhone press event, and the game will be available December 1 of this year. It will support i0S 5 features like iCloud, enabling profiles and save games that transfer between devices.

In addition "Infinity Blade: Awakening," a novella written by Brandon Sanderson, is now available at the iBookStore for $2.99. Sanderson is also responsible for completing the final three volumes of Robert Jordan's 'The Wheel of Time' books.

Powered by Unreal Engine 3, the critically acclaimed "Infinity Blade" ushered in a new generation of handheld gaming and became the definitive blockbuster experience on iOS. "Infinity Blade 2" builds upon the addictive gameplay and breathtaking visuals of the original game with dozens of new locations set across expansive 3D environments. Delving further into the story of this mysterious, timeless adventure, players will explore an evolving game world filled with new types of rewards and treasures as they battle scores of new powerful enemies and bosses. New fighting styles and weapon classes coupled with deep role-playing elements provide even greater game play variation. "Infinity Blade 2" also introduces gamers to new online features, such as Clash Mob, in which they'll participate with fellow gamers in unique "massively social" challenges to unlock rare weapons and exclusive items.

"'Infinity Blade" allowed us to demonstrate the true potential of triple-A handheld gaming by delivering mind-blowing graphics and awesome gameplay to millions of mobile users," said Donald Mustard, creative director, ChAIR Entertainment. "With 'Infinity Blade 2', we're pushing the boundaries of everything achieved to date and adding a ton of new content and unique new features to create the must-have gaming experience on iOS."

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I still feel like they could figure out good solutions on Android if they would give it the time of day. It makes it feel like the only reason they are interested in iOS is because it is trendy and they can make lots of money and the "technical" factor is nil.

All the same, I'll probably pick this up on the wife's iPad. It should be used for something anyway. Plus the first one was really great.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
I'm not interested in gfx nearly as much as gameplay. I would be happy with IB1 gfx as long as they make the environment more interactive and implement better ideas to increase replayability than inifinite levels and infinite new game+. Plus I don't think IB2 will run so smoothly on my iPhone4 considering IB1 was kinda laggy half of the time.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
IB1 was laggy? I played it on 3GS and it was only laggy when the phone was doing other stuff, so rarely. It wasn't 60fps, though.