Cheating on XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I"ve heard rumors of cheating on xmp (besides the annoying mines at deploy points..etc). I heard about Aimbots in particular. Anyone else heard about or seen this?

SylverFyre

Spongebob Squarepants
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.byut.net
mining of deploypoints isn't cheating surely - its a tactic which if you allow to happen shows your team is likely to lose the map soon :)

Ive not encountered a bot yet, some ppl are real good shots but no botting

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
SylverFyre said:
Ive not encountered a bot yet, some ppl are real good shots but no botting

Haven't encountered one either yet. You can be sure they'd be pretty obvious anyway as the weapons are less efficient.

950Ravage

Sep 29, 2003
Ever since the advent of the aimbot, the cry of "cheater" gets thrown out from the lips of many a n00b.

Think of it this way: how difficult do you think it is to code a bot when the game doesn't contain an AI that auto-aims?

When there is a bot, you will definitely hear about it. But for the time being, treat those rumors as what they are: excuses from the dead guy for being dead.

950Ravage

Sep 29, 2003
RaptoR said:
What about deployable turrets... they auto-aim :).

OK.... got me there. Stupid turrets. Well, as long as the aimbot makes the dumb "whee" sound that the turrets make. ;)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
mining of deploypoints isn't cheating surely - its a tactic which if you allow to happen shows your team is likely to lose the map soon
Well I consider mining deploy points a cheap shot. Any monkey can drop a mine at a place where characters spawn. I consider it an other things "Dirty play". Thats just my opinion. I've seen some respectful players doing it, I just choose not to, and try to encourage newer players to not do it as well

Ever since the advent of the aimbot, the cry of "cheater" gets thrown out from the lips of many a n00b.Think of it this way: how difficult do you think it is to code a bot when the game doesn't contain an AI that auto-aims?
Sure. I've been called a cheater twice for a couple of lucky lobs from a granade in the demo servers (I'm mean really unbelievable lucky).
I'm sure a highly skilled game modder could take the code from either Unreal T2k3, and modify it to apply in xmp. Or even patch in some related code from the single player programming in the off the shelf game.
When there is a bot, you will definitely hear about it.
I agree.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Ravage, I'm the one that planted that idea in Maxx's head. I have a screen shot I'll post tonight of a possible aimbot (I can't remember who sent me the link). I simply warned him to keep an eye out. Maxx isnt really a n00b. I've been gunning him down in shooters since the Quake 2 days.

I'm glad I havent encountered any aim bots yet, but I am sure they may come eventually.

As far as mines on spawn points...anyone that does that constantly annoys the hell out of me. I could understand placing one or 2 down to cover your ass as you try to escape with an arty, but to place a bunch down all over the enemy base just proves your either a stat-whore or sore winner. :)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Mining a deploy point isn't cheating at all.

The object of the game is to win. The end.

Xaero nailed it 100%. It's a great CYA tactic, but like any tactic, looks really bush when people spam it just to show up the other team or be a point-whore.

Nurulwai

Mar 27, 2002
UK
Visit site
950Ravage said:
Think of it this way: how difficult do you think it is to code a bot when the game doesn't contain an AI that auto-aims?

Piss easy.

[Edit]
Let me elaborate.

I made an aimbot for UT2003, the actual aiming code was very few lines, all of which I coded. I copied nothing from any AI.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hehe, I see Pure/UTSecure coming down the tube for XMP. Prepare to lag even more :p .

Beavis

Hehe, he said 'gas'...
May 31, 2005
Ah yes, the taste of things to come (hax) and not to come (antihax)...

Status
Not open for further replies.