Planetside 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
http://www.planetside2.com

So I tried it out for a few hours tonight, and I'm not sure what to think. I really feel like this game would only be fun with organized teams. There's ways to easily join squads in game, but I'm just not into it enough to want to talk to people. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I guess the thing I don't get yet is why such a massive world makes what appears to be such a bland shooter fun. Sure it's pretty and alive, but at the end of the day your just another space marine. But it also looks like playing with the squads and voice com is the only way to go. Otherwise you just wander around aimlessly.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
What's going on with the P2 site? When I made the account months back it awlays kept telling me to reset password whenever I logged in, changing didn't work because it kept telling how passwords do not match or whatever untill I reached the limit and had to wait a day to retry.

Same story now.

I also couldn't make an account with mechwarrior 3. I've not been able to play a F2P game yet trying since a couple of months.

What's going on.

Someone suggested the "forgot password" option, I do this and after puttin in my username gets redirected to log-in, which asks me to reset password... Of course, I did not receive any e-mails. What the hell. I hate F2P games even before playing one, that's a new record.

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
What's going on with the P2 site? When I made the account months back it awlays kept telling me to reset password whenever I logged in, changing didn't work because it kept telling how passwords do not match or whatever untill I reached the limit and had to wait a day to retry.

Same story now.

I also couldn't make an account with mechwarrior 3. I've not been able to play a F2P game yet trying since a couple of months.

What's going on.

Someone suggested the "forgot password" option, I do this and after puttin in my username gets redirected to log-in, which asks me to reset password... Of course, I did not receive any e-mails. What the hell. I hate F2P games even before playing one, that's a new record.

Seem to be having a similar issue. Created an account, but I can't log in.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
No e-mail yet. Things like this happen, what is annoying is that the exact same thing happened months back (was it end of summer?). That's poor.

Mar 6, 2004
I guess i can't play. I created an account, then when i go to register my new account it says "Please indicate that you have read and accept the Privacy Policy.". Guess what? the box is already checked.

edit- Worked now..i'll try it out.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Played the beta about three weeks ago. Took about 20 minutes to get into the game itself, then immediately got repeatedly stomped on by players 30+ levels higher than me as soon as I walked out of a door. Immediately uninstalled.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
This is absurd. When I click forgot password it says my e-mail is unknown, so I try to register, it says log-in already taken, and when I try to log-in again it says invalid log-in information.
This is the European site, when I do this with the US site, it asks to reset the password, when click "forgot" it says I did this in the past 24 hours (was much earlier yesterday, so more than 24 hours) and I should check the e-mail. Of course still no e-mail.

Should I contact support? This is too much trouble for a game I just wanted to try out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Ahh well, the issue apparently was, that I made my initial account on the NA site. This time I made a new one on the European site. Though, my downloaded game via Steam didn't accept the login (says false login data), so I had to redownload the sh#t from the EU site and now login was successful, but I was lacking the time to actually launch the game after all the messing around.
Fkin' online F2P. Don't even want to retry to login on the mech warrior site, will probably cost me a day.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I tried it like 5 minutes on a friend's PC, it was great IMO. such a long time since I touched a FPS like that, fun times.
downloading now to play a bit during the week. :)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I've played quite a bit, and it is growing on me. The problem is there's just so much to do. Most players just don't know what is happening. Once the team is on the same page it's epic! Getting a large convoy together to assault the event base is tons of fun, and it's even better if you run into an opposing convoy. I has a session last night where each team had a deployed Sunderor around the corner from each other. Hundreds of players in a small area trying to push each other back until my team finally got a shot on their vehicle. I've had seasons where I was able to stay alive for 30 minutes or more in heavy combat.

Right now my big complaint is the step costs. 1000 certs for most weapons is just too much. The only way you'll ever get to that is by buying station cash, and then it's like $5 for a weapon.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I gave this a shot last nite. It seems like it would be a lot of fun with a group...

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I gave this a shot last nite. It seems like it would be a lot of fun with a group...

It is. I'm on the Jaeger US East server, callsign Xandus. New Conglomerate because screw the other guys. I don't think I'll be playing it today, but it's a lot of fun with people you can talk to.

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I installed it. A friend of mine has been Planetside crazy since the launch of the first. Apparently, there is a common bug with 32 bit OS's, which I have, that make the game crash every 10-20 minutes. So, until that's fixed, the game isn't very much fun.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Well I'm still playing, but I really need to find a more organized outfit to play with.

Here's the PC Gamer review: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/planetside-2-review/2/

The more I play the more I feel like this will be a significant title. It has taken UT2004 onslaught, Battlefield, Tribes, etc to the next level and finally given us the war we always wanted. It is not without its flaws, and not everyone will like it. But it is a significant evolution in PC gaming that cannot be missed.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
You silly, silly Vanu.
YgLTI.png

Last edited: