UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack [DEV THREAD V2]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
Awww damnit, this looks like it would've been really neat. Could you guys at least release the stuff that's mostly completed so that we can experience some of it? Pwease?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I am sorry that I cannot help right now, I was taken by ambulance two days ago and I am really in bad shape, I cannot go anywhere either and need constant help...
however I know how to do these things you asked me in the email, also if you want to update dots betastuff file, you might want grabbing some of the original beta code, becasue dots reinterpreted it and it is not like original, I used original code in gott mod, in newrifle, the primary fire of it. Gotthoohoo.newrifle is the summon, doesn't work in ut though.
The mutator things are rather easy to do, replacing carcasses skins and stuff, all can be done in checkreplacement.
For the oldskool stuff I had some updates ready myself but I have lost them, I fixed the original hud from crashing somehow as well online. But becasue those fixes were meant for my own server I have not uploaded them anywhere, which I regret now. But you can contact creators of ecoop or ccoop, as I said in the email, they have made lots of fixes, ecoop is based on ccoop5 and contains even further fixes.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
UT: FCBP Alpha Milestone 5 Download Links, Installation & Uninstallation Intructions

Good news to everyone wanting a "sneak peak" of FCBP (which is now in "hibernation mode" until a group of individuals can revive/resurrect it ^^ ), can now play Alpha Milestone 5! It is 100% fully untested online, and it is to be used at your own risk. Delacroix and myself *HIGHLY* recommend having a separate UT installation for testing. However, many safety precautions have been implemented to prevent the uninstall bug, the Manifest.ini/Manifest.int corruption bug and the botpack.int and oldskool.int missing file bug to be fully removed in this version. According to my testing, Alpha Milestone 5 doesn't seem to have this issue, but uninstalling it is a bit of a unique one! for the ZIP installer, run the "FCBPAlpha5Uninstaller.bat" file located in the system file to restore botpack.int and oldskool.int functionality from pre-FCBP times (aka before you installed FCBP ^^ ). However, for the EXE install, I did an accidental screw-up, but it is easy to fix. Before you uninstall the mod via Unreal Setup, backup that bat file as I stated before, and also backup botpack_backup.int and oldskool_backup.int to a safe location. Then you may uninstall the files via Unreal Setup. Once that part is done, drag those 3 files back to the System directory, and then run the bat file installer to restore botpack.int and oldskool.int. After that is done, for both the ZIP and EXE installs, delete the bat file, and then UT should resume back to default. *IF* you experience any problems otherwise, simply re-install UT 436 *THEN* re-install OldSkool 2.39 and all should be good! :)

Anyway, here are the download links:

FileFront:

ZIP --> DOWNLOAD
EXE --> DOWNLOAD

Oh, and before I forget, here are the Installation Instructions:

ZIP: Simply extract to your main Unreal Tournament directory (e.g. "C:\UnrealTournament" or "C:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament"). Nothing more, nothing less. :)

EXE: After accepting the warning dialogue, follow the instructions as labeled in the WinZIP Self-Extracting EXE. It will then extract the files to your temp folder. Once that is done, a batch file will pop up asking you to specify the location of where you want the UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack Alpha 5 setup files to be copied to (e.g. C:\Setup\FCBP-Alpha5). WARNING: Do NOT copy the files directly to your Unreal Tournament directory! This is because it has to copy the entire UnrealSetup installation of FCBP Alpha 5 (it's not a UMOD btw ^^ ), which is what you'll be installing the actual FCBP files to your UT directory from. ^^ Anyway, so once the copying process is complete to that directory that you selected, it'll ask you if you wish to copy the FCBP Source ZIP archive to your Setup folder within the FCBP UnrealSetup directory (located in Help/Sources). Once that is done, it will ask you if you want to start the FCBP UnrealSetup app, and from there-on you'll be able to install the actual FCBP content into your UT directory. It can be confusing, but it's actually really easy once you actually read the instructions from here and within the setup install. :)

If anyone has any comments or questions about the EXE setup installer, feel free to post here, I'll be checking up in here once or twice daily for 1-2 weeks time (before I go into clan-only status, as part of my hiatus ^^ ). If you have another set of questions that related to FCBP itself and NOT the EXE installation process, you may direct that question to Mr. Victor Delacroix. :)

Take care guys and gals, and enjoy! :)

P.S. As I stated before: "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

Best Regards and Have Fun!
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
I always try to believe in the good in man. You overlook your incoming PMs by mistake? You ICQ was hacked, you dont have much time, anyway. You know what I want to know...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I always try to believe in the good in man. You overlook your incoming PMs by mistake? You ICQ was hacked, you dont have much time, anyway. You know what I want to know...

huh? That makes no sense?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
RMFX pointed me to this part of his last post:

If anyone has any comments or questions about the EXE setup installer, feel free to post here, I'll be checking up in here once or twice daily for 1-2 weeks time (before I go into clan-only status, as part of my hiatus ^^ ).

So yea, he's taking a break until some time in 2011. As for progress, none reported.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Last time I checked, RMFX was having computer issues, so I don't know if he lost any data. I'll ask him next time he gets on msn (Which has been quite rarely as of late)

I've been slacking in this project too....unfortunately, due to laptop issues of my own, I've lost my UT and Unreal installations meaning my little contributions to UT: FCBP have been set back a fair bit...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
He did, like the EXE installer of the mod (if you check, it's not available on FF any more). But not sure if any actual project files were lost.

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
Bump.

Any news about this? I've unpacked the Zip into my installation (I'm using Linux Ubuntu 10.10 BTW) and everything seems fine to me.

BTW, since you're going to include the PS2 and DC maps, what about adding SP ladders for those versions as well? There're already two ladders included in UT 436 (normal and GOTY) and the PS2/DC ladders use just a few extra maps.

PS: The Zip link still works. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.