Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I surprised myself last night. I was looking through the achievements and thinking some of them would be kind of hard to get. Jump Shot is headshotting a hunter as he leaps at you or anyone. I thought, man that would take some pure luck to get that achievement. It just so happens that luck was smiling on me. A few minutes after thinking about all this I happened to randomly headshot a hunter, with the hunting rifle no less. It wasn't an aimed shot. A bunch of zombies were swarming and a hunter was there too. I popped up the scope and fired randomly and I unlocked the achievement. Super!

Sorry to rain on your parade but Jump Shot was one of the first achievements I got, and other people seem to be getting it all the time. ;P
Now the one where you have to PUNCH a leaping hunter.... that one's got to be hard to come by.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Sorry to rain on your parade but Jump Shot was one of the first achievements I got, and other people seem to be getting it all the time. ;P
Now the one where you have to PUNCH a leaping hunter.... that one's got to be hard to come by.

Meh, figures. The ones that always seem the hardest are the ones that everyone gets the quickest and easiest.

Not to toot my own horn, but I was able to get the punching hunter achievement as well. That one is probably easiest in a narrow corridor. It means the guy has to jump straight at you so you'll be perfectly lined up to whack him.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I did that the first game I payed retail. It's actually more a matter of timing than anything (and, of course, seeing him).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Catch me when you're playing and I'll hop on with you.

Still can't get through rooftop on Advanced :/

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Still can't get through rooftop on Advanced :/

heh same. We almost had it one time, but then a bloody smoker pulls me off the platform we were standing on and right into the lap of a tank, who literally knocks me off the roof alltogether.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hahahaha!

One time I was reviving Haarg and the Tank came up behind me and threw me off the roof. It was hilarious.

We can make it to the Chopper coming to land, but the horde always gets us right then. I've been knocked over by hunters there more times than I can count...

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Ok, I think I might pick it up, but what about the modability of it? Are there any mod groups working on it? I read about DE_Dust being converted over, but I'm curious if anything else is going to be done with the game.

Pure idle speculation but I think this game is going to have a lot of 3rd party attention. I read somewhere that pretty much any existing Source asset is interchangable.

Best action I've seen so far comes at the end of the No Mercy campaign... as the Survivors are scrambling up to the Helicopter.

I pulled a guy off the Helicopter,.. right out of it as he had just typed "GG". As his buddies try scrambling down the ramp, and around to the other side of the building to where they thought I'd pulled him, a Hunter jumps on my prey and begins disemboweling him,.. cool.. I run back to the other corner of the wall we're behind, and spot one of the survivors who came to help their bud but can't find him. I grab this guy clean from behind, less than maybe 5 feet away. :) I actually manage to finally get a clean kill as a Smoker as this guy was near death anyway.

This game really provides some cinematic quality situations, where you can actually have the water cooler types of discussions where ppl won't be able to tell if you're talking about a video game, a movie or some kind of paintball session gone horribly wrong...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Fun stuff!

Highlights tonight include:

Haarg and Brizz were both near death and attempting to sneak past a witch up ahead in the sewers. Having never played the game, I run past Haarg and up the ladder to the streets, promptly waking the witch (apparently she doesn't like running) right beside them both. I'd swear I could almost see their eyes bulging as they popped out of the sewers.

The witch, ignoring both of them, leapt out of the manhole and onto me where she proceeded to stomp me into the curb.

The second humorous moment involved Brizz trying to revive Haarg on the rooftop of the final mission. I was manning the mounted machinegun and failed to see a Tank pop up right behind Brizz and bitch slap him right off the the top of the building, instantly killing him.

Seen briefly thereafter:

"Brizz: omfg"

... and in the end credits: In Loving Memory of Sir_Brizz and Bill. :lol:

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Fun stuff!

Highlights tonight include:

Haarg and Brizz were both near death and attempting to sneak past a witch up ahead in the sewers. Having never played the game, I run past Haarg and up the ladder to the streets, promptly waking the witch (apparently she doesn't like running) right beside them both. I'd swear I could almost see their eyes bulging as they popped out of the sewers.

The witch, ignoring both of them, leapt out of the manhole and onto me where she proceeded to stomp me into the curb.

The second humorous moment involved Brizz trying to revive Haarg on the rooftop of the final mission. I was manning the mounted machinegun and failed to see a Tank pop up right behind Brizz and bitch slap him right off the the top of the building, instantly killing him.

Seen briefly thereafter:

"Brizz: omfg"

... and in the end credits: In Loving Memory of Sir_Brizz and Bill. :lol:

Jesus, how long did you have to last with just two players?

Had an epic climax of my own last night (oh yes). Finale of Blood Harvest, and finally played it with a decent team... we each covered an entry point on the landing. But the zombie hordes just would not let up... at one stage things got slightly quiet and running low on ammo I made a venture downstairs to replenish, but a sneaky Smoker bastard was camping outside the window... as he started raping me, a gang of zombies appeared and joined in the fun. Happily I had some backup, but yet another wave of zombies appeared as we made our way back upstairs...

Anyway there were many more edge-of-seat moments and I think we all got incapacitated and covered in Boomer bile at one point or another, but by the time the APC arrived, I literally had 1 health and was limping so freaking slowly. To make matters worse I had to limp halfway around the building to reach it. Saying it was excruciating was the understatement of the century, as a zombie wail flared up, and I could see an enormous flood of zombies rushing by in the distance into the house...

Obviously I just floored it to the APC with firmly clenched buttocks, because if anything noticed me it was game over. But our best player got held up somehow, and then was pinned by a Smoker... I couldn't go back at my 1 mile per day pace, but another teammate (who was already at the APC - we all made our way out there seperately) went back to help him... anyway the ploy worked, and they both came back to the APC, and the rescued player went in first... then JUST AS THE RESCUER WAS ABOUT TO STEP ON BOARD, a titantic wave of zombies surged over him, then he got pinned by a Hunter and the map instantly finished because everyone else was safely inside.

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Man I love the hunting rifle!

Anyone been able to headshot a witch yet? I've tried and hit the head directly, but never killed them in 1 shot. I wonder how you're supposed to get that achievement.