Bio-Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hot or Not?

• I`m loving it because I do know how to use it

Votes: 64 70.3%
  • I like it but I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I don`t like it because I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I hate it even I do know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
nuttella said:
Well, I can't imagine why. People don't use hitscan because they can't use anything else. They use it because it's the most effective way to play UT2004. "go play counterstrike" is a non-sequitur, because UT2004 is a hitscan game.

In summary: don't hate the player, hate the game.
I was referring back to the fact that dc was making out everyone who found the biorifle and other non-hitscan weapons usefull to be a complete n00b. Which isn't true.
The shock + LG are comfortably the most powerfull weapons in the right hands, but it takes more skill to judge tracjectory of projectiles than pointing and clicking.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Biorifle said:
I have a limited vocabulary, which angers me, and causes me to join forums just to flame others

signbanhammer0tp.jpg

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
JohnDoe641 said:
Ok, you said it much better than I was. cheers nutt. :D

Yes the game is all hitscan, if someone is getting SOwned by a hitscanner they've got terrible movement and they need to work on it. It's actually quite easy to avoid hitscan most of the time. :)

I agree that the game is dominated by hitscan, but I don't agree that it's "actually quite easy to avoid hitscan most of the time". If that were the case, the best players would never be able to hit each other. ;) The good hitscan players can hit you no matter how good your movement is.

The_Head said:
Did you actually ban him..... or just put in on read only for a while?
ok he was swearing a lot, but couldn't you have just edited it out?
I think the points he was making are valid.....

Banned him for a month. He made an account for the simple fact to flame someone (profanity laden at that). That's blatantly against the forum rules. I didn't expect him to make any further posts beyond that anyways.

If he behaves himself after the month, then he can come back and play nice.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Biorifle said:
blah blah blah whiny mcfaggerson
I use flak more than hitscan usually and don't whine about getting killed by anything. You seem like a pub hero so I'm just going to ignore any and all comments of yours because you are obviously very very bad at UT :[

edit..oh wait, you're banned. Hf with your demo pubs

Last edited:

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
LOL at biorifles post. I think he is forgetting that dc- dosnt play much with the "community" he is thinking of. If he really wants to get mad at people for persuading people away from UT2k4 he should go ballistic on Blizzard or people like me that play at lans and go wicked sick just because the people on the lan dont know how to do anything but double jump:lol:.