UE2 - UT2kX Pseudo-Dedicated Server for BiA without commandlets

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rendroc

Nov 17, 2009
sites.google.com
I'm trying to create a kind of dedicated server for the Steam version of Brothers in Arms. "ucc server" won't work, so I've created a Mutator that allows the host to run the server as a spectator.

This uses a lot of resources and I was wondering if there was a way to start the game or mod it so that it didn't have a 3D viewport, or something like that. This was just one idea of mine, but if you have any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! :)

More info:

The SDK for these games on the retail DVD came with a ucc.exe that ran fine and could be used to run a dedicated server with the "ucc server" commandlet. However, the Steam version of this game come with no working ucc.exe and the DVD's ucc.exe won't work with the Steam version, either.

I can't get any help on the Gearbox forums, but since Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood both run a modified UT2004 Engine, I thought someone here could help.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
No idea.
I pass switches to the game executable, though.

Example for UT2004:
C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe DM-Deck17?game=xGame.xDeathMatch -LANPLAY -SERVER

-LANPLAY for various optimizations that apply to.. LAN games.

Rendroc

Nov 17, 2009
sites.google.com
Thanks! I forgot about that option.

Unfortunately I think there's something different with this Steam executable compared to BiA's DVD retail version. The dedicated server tries to start up, but it crashes when it tries to register on the Ubi multiplayer site (all Brothers in Arms games have to connect through this Ubi portal).

If you know where I can learn the inner workings of how the ucc server works, so I can try debugging it, please point me in the direction of a tutorial site or something. Otherwise, I think I'll have to stick with my original plan of just using a spectator host.

Thanks again.

Last edited: