Post here if you learned "pro" tactics without noticing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rokk

Jan 23, 2010
Post here if you learned "pro" tactics without attempting to

And with that, I mean things like timing powerups and items. I have never practiced timing, I just played a lot, especially in my childhood, never actually minding the timing. But I swear, the shieldbelt ALWAYS happens to spawn once I walk over it. And I'm not camping it, I just get a feeling that the shieldbelt is about to spawn and I walk over that small bridge and immediately I hear that trademark sound of picking up a shieldbelt.

Well, you get the idea of what to post.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Anticipating respawns intuitively certainly has advantages over actively predicting respawns by by watching the timer. But then again, if it only works for the Shieldbelt, then you still leave many other important pickups (UDamage, Armor, Keg) to your opponents. Also, skilled players that time powerups often stay away a bit so they can smoke out other players camping (or accidentally walking over) the pickup right when it respawns. Especially in UT1 a packed formation of 6 rockets will usually turn a player into giblets even with the belt as protection.

Rokk

Jan 23, 2010
Actually, I just took the shieldbelt as an example, but it's mostly the shieldbelt I notice it with. Keg O' Health depends on the map, and the UDamage is basically never picked up for some reason...