a workaround for sliding players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dizasta

Apr 21, 2000
Visit site
I think I may have figured out what causes the player models to slide on certain servers when you use the S3TC textures. The only thing I can think of that would cause a conflict between the server and client is the texturs for the player models themselves.

I havent tested this yet but:
Try replacing all the S3 compressed .utx files for the skins in your textures directory with the ones on the first CD. Theoretically that should solve the problem. When I get around to testing this I'll add a reply.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
dizasta, that *is* definitely it. I've posted this both here and on the PG forums a few times, and it has worked evry single time. w00t!