ONS-Ahebban Review Discussion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Icedancer

Colder than Steel
Redfist, I kindly suggest in the nicest possible way that you stop making stupid posts like those

Requesting a review of Headake just shows what kind of a person you are :rolleyes:

And I don't see why you are moaning, you have requested reviews of more CTF maps than DM maps :rolleyes:

"Thing is,why would anyone review that map all because it ends up in a cue someware,hell ya gotta have commen sense too."

Well thats how NC works, and it works great, until people like you abuse the system and request reviews of stupid maps.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
We do not follow the players, if we were to follow the players we would need to rate andaction a 10.
We review maps, independently of their type. A map is a map.

And btw in UT2004 the largest majority plays ONS, followed by DM and then directly followed by CTF. In UT1 The largest majority plays CTF and only about half as many people play DM. Following your logic we would need to review a lot of ONS maps first, then a lot of CTF's and only then review DM maps. Following that logic and knowing the fact we only have 10 review spots in the latest list we would need to have 4 ONS reviews, 3 CTF reviews and 2 DM reviews and one last review reserved for misc. stuff such as an occasional DOM map or whatever
And when I currently look to the review list I indeed see 2 DM maps :)

Dont get to the logical crap man :)

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
How are you deriving those totals,last i checked DM has many more servers running.
The next ut they are leaving a lot of that stuff out i hear.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Ice....""Well thats how NC works, and it works great, until people like you abuse the system and request reviews of stupid maps.
""

All I can say is if ya aint got commen sense,then aint got commen sense.
Plus it's not a problem or a big deal,I was only pointing out DM RULEZ !!!!

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
ReD_Fist said:
How are you deriving those totals,last i checked DM has many more servers running.
The next ut they are leaving a lot of that stuff out i hear.

Having the largest number of servers running doesn't mean that it's also the larget number of people...

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
ya i just checked
TYPE ..................SERVERS
DM .................... 1136
ONS ................. 504
INVASION............ 113
INSTAGIB CTF....... 314
BOBMING RUN ..... 45
CTF .................... 499
DOUBLE DOM.........15
TEAM DM...............396
VCTF.................... 72

As of this post in time

But in UT they had "players" also listed, is there a way to see number of players in ut2004 ?

Kinda hard to believe there is less players for DM,hmm isnt there that website for totals and stuff?

(regardless of ANY issue around here,ah well ,it's an age thing,youl all eventualy learn)

anyway I am glad your doing reviews period.

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Top Mods For Unreal Tournament By Players

TO350
710 servers, 1166 players

Capture the Flag
598 servers, 816 players

Tournament Deathmatch
559 servers, 444 players

TO340
41 servers, 223 players

Top Mods For Unreal Tournament 2004 By Players

ONSOnslaughtGame
430 servers, 2254 players

xDeathMatch
1021 servers, 1747 players

xCTFGame
456 servers, 1053 players

xTeamGame
379 servers, 616 players

ASGameInfo
106 servers, 486 players

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
xVehicleCTFGame : 68 servers, 380 players

not so bad. I guess Vctf is not so official to the game and some ppl just hate having vehicles inside a CTF map.

And obviously hourences , Rankin is a monster , i guess it's ben played 3 million times online or something like that .....

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Also note the empty/Hosted-Non-dedicated servers, but you have a good point.

I also know alot of DM servers with retarded ppl or Sniper modified 300 shots per sec , wich i can't tolerate.

The best servers are moslty VCTF/DM

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Wow,I guess I am outdated then,I will stick to DM
But there is that one website that shows all the games and also unbelievable to me is halflife 1 had like 10,000 servers
and ut2004 was around 2000 servers,halflife online didn't seem all that good or somthing,now with hl2,wonder ware ut will stand.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Red, taking this discussion personally is a bad idea. Making it personal (towards Aracdia et al) is an even worse idea.

You cannot win this argument. Neither can you lose it. Why? Because it's the Internet, it's not that big of a deal.

Seriously, just let it go, browse for some good DM maps, and request reviews on them. I'm sure the team will be happy to look at any maps that you think deserve a little more attention. Why? Because it's not personal. They're just doing their job.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Manticore said:
AV; you can't please all of the people all of the time... and the map is not worth 9 or 9.5. I thought seven was pretty generous.

Well, thank you Manticore. In discussion in another forum I learned that there were several inaccuracies in the review. Along with furthur playtesting, these may influence the scoring.
Because of the inaccuracies I feel I owe the author a second look, during which I'll also be addressing extended playtime.
I know I can't please all the people all the time but when I'm wrong in a review I feel it's only fair to issue a correction.

I really appreciate the support, though. Thanks very much.

RichyB

Faceless
Jun 17, 2005
United Kingdom
Manticore said:
AV; you can't please all of the people all of the time... and the map is not worth 9 or 9.5. I thought seven was pretty generous.
I am with him you reveiwed it they way you felt at the time and theres not much wrong with that. I have read must of your reviewes here at NC and i found must of them to be Fair and i do not disagree with the rating you gave this map. My view well ill stop there lets just say i dont like the map. Forget all this rubbish on to the question that realy matters will you still reviewe for NC?

Last edited: