Why? *shakes head*

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

balls

Dec 19, 2000
United States
The story...

I am playing a online ctf game while holding my own, and our team wins.

Now the next game starts...

While playing I notice someone on the other team has switched their name to look the same as mine with a extra space on the end so the server will except it.

Anyways, I was wondering why some people have to be like that and change their name mid game just to "try" to piss me off. Personally I think its funny that some people take "A GAME" so serious that they have to do things like this to try and piss people off. Oh well, to each his own I guess. :eek:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I think some people just get bored or just are that way and have to do it. I've thought about doing a lot of stupid things online, but would never actually do them. Also, they're probably just trying to get a rise out of you; ignore them!

SkaarjMaster (aka "O.K., enough is enough, I need a new sig.")

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I would just ignore the childish behavior and continue to enjoy the game. Whats really pisses me off is the idiots that get in the game to make noise. Constantly repeating voice commands like DIE BITCH on & on. Just have to ignore them and hope they get kicked out.

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
Originally posted by Ciced
Those lamers are proberly with there m8s trying to get some action.
If that's their definition of getting some action, then they got some serious problems. :D

Last edited:

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I have had the nick Stillborn since I started playing UT online (over 18 months ago) and as far as I know I was the only Stillborn back then (I checked ngstats for another thread a along long time ago...)

So, a couple of days ago I jumped on a server and started playing... I then saw another guy called Stillborn :hmm: And he started spamming to his buddies in Swedish "look what that feckin' russian is called" (I play under the nick [RSU]Stillborn... RUS-Russia RSU-Respawners United... big difference ;)) they call me llame and so on without realising that I'm Swedish too... I sit there listening and after a while I jump into their conversation and I ask (in English) the other Stillborn how long he has had that name and where he got it from...

He says that he has had it over a year and that he saw a Swedish player use it once... I then starts talking Swedish to the guy and I tell him that he is the llame one and that I'm not from Russia... It was me that he saw and he stole my nick that game a year ago... Damn was he quiet after that... ;)

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
LOL @ Stillborn :)

There is only one Crakdeala in the UT scene and I am not really worried about competition :) However, I considered changing it many times because
a) people assume that folks called Crakdeala will display lame behavior and want to get a headstart on me
b) It is offensive to some... I picked it as a rebellious teenager and well... thought it was cool. Now it's just my name. People call me Crakie anyway, maybe I should change it to that :)

0chre

Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
I caught a guy using my name in a game not long ago ,he was being an ass .I've seen people using others names while using a bot which is simply evil ...least this guy wasn't doin that thank god - I get bot accusations every week as it is . Basically put the mini and rifle away and use shock lol...Yeah lamers will do anything for attention .I just leave server if one like that comes on ,its only a game not worth any hassles .Don't let em get to you :)

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
That's happened to me b4: ppl started showing up with similar names as mine, with the same characters..
At first I looked at the screen in disbelief:con:
then I realized that it must be the tortured souls of sore losers that I had fragged again and again, and I thought, "Wow! I have a fan club now! COOL!"
Still didn't stop me from dropping them with my guns... :D

So take it in stride, man! Gives you all the more incentive to take them down. ;)