BT jumping on platforms

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

okeee

May 19, 2008
There are some BT maps that have boosters that push you vertically in order to reach some platform. With a few maps, the booster does not push me far enough to reach a platform. And I noticed that I'm not the only one, a few other people have problems reaching the platform (so they keep jumping on the same booster), while the majority have no problems. I have been playing BT for quite a while, so I know how to properly jump or use boosters. I could try every jump method (I've tried 500x on some booster) but the booster just doesn't push far enough.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
you get extra distance if you dodge to the kicker or if you hammer jump right before its collision. I do that a lot on CTF-Wootabulous and takes a lot of practice to get the hammer jump timed perfectly.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Some other big factors on BT are GameSpeed and AirControl. Some mappers make their maps for their favorite servers and they favor the settings that those servers use. If a server is running at 125 GameSpeed you'll be able to dodge and jump farther, that also includes the force of the kickers. The mappers usually calculate the landing to be very close to the ledge of a platform or so in order to make the trick more difficult. Now, what would happen if you play a map designed for 125 GameSpeed on a server running 100-115 GameSpeed average?

Believe it or not, you will never reach the platform at a lower GameSpeed or AirControl than what the maps were designed for.

okeee

May 19, 2008
Ok, but I tried the maps on several servers, and I couldn't reach the platform on all of them. Also on those servers, other players could.

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
My only idea is that you probably have to jump just before you get boosted but you probably tried that already ;) Anyway, try asking those who succeed, may be there's a trick you don't know ;)