unreal servers not displayed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

okeee

May 19, 2008
Alright, when I click on all servers, only about 3-7 servers show up. I don't know why, I used to get the large list of servers displayed. When clicking 'refresh', the same servers still display. When restarting unreal/computer, other servers are displayed, but still only a few servers are displayed. I only got all servers listed once, but when I refreshed servers a short while after that, there were only a few displayed again. Of the few servers that are displayed, I can connect to them. I probably haven't changed anything.
(win xp)

Last edited:

StinkFly

Mar 18, 2008
UT99 GOTY

However, my favorites list seems to ping properly.

Last edited:

Stitch_that

Sep 26, 2001
Bournemouth UK
Visit site
Sounds like you're getting the same problem as me in this thread here...

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=191565

... It was fine before the supposed 20mb upgrade last week . Has UT been really bad gameplay wise for you guys too with Home Hub ? , mine has gone downhill since I had to get a Home Hub for the BTVision service , laggy , higher pings everywhere , movement feels weird etc . Funniest thing is having to trail my shots instead of lead them , like aiming behind the player instead of in front .

Likewise my browser only shows 6 or 8 servers under the UT or Populated tabs, all my favs still load fine initially but if I refresh 'em after playing for an hour or so only half will load and I have to reboot UT ... it's really pi$$in' me off .

I've got my router wired too not wireless , if it wasn't for the TV I'd go back to a Voyager 205 .

Stitch

StinkFly

Mar 18, 2008
I don't have a Home Hub or BTvision service, my pings have been good, I use a wired router, haven't made any updates to UT99 in years, and haven't changed any settings.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
This should be fixed, please PM me here or on the Epic forums if it's not.

Flak

May 26, 2004
Could you guys have your friends running servers restart them and see if they show up on the list?

There was an issue but I've restarted everything and it should be running ok now. (note: SHOULD be)

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
I just checked. Only 9 servers showed up. I restarted one of my game servers; still the same 9 showed up. All my servers and other servers show up just fine under my favorites tab.

StinkFly

Mar 18, 2008
I just checked also. Favorites work, as before, but only two servers show up otherwise. Slightly better than the zero servers I've been getting and slightly worse than the four or so I've also been getting. Net result: no change.

Flak

May 26, 2004
Can you guys check again please? Sorry for the delay but I couldn't figure out what was wrong and just did a reinstall. Everything looked fine.

okeee

May 19, 2008
I just checked and I noticed that when you first start up the game, a large server list is displayed again. But when you refresh the list, only a few servers display. Then when you restart the game, you get a large server list again.

But this was only for a short while, after that you wouldn't get a large list anymore, just a few servers display again.

Last edited:

Flak

May 26, 2004
I only have remote access until Monday guys and I'm guessing I'm going to need to physically access the server.

Just in case it is Gamespy I have an email in to them as well.

Sorry for the downtime and thanks for your patience.