Domintaion on Steam migration?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ScytheKnight

Jun 9, 2009
Well I'm one of the peeps who migrated my copy of UT3 to Steam for automatic patching and the Titan pack, now however I can't get Domination mode from CBP3 to work.

Reading the installation instructions I'm told that the CBP MUST be installed to *:\Programfiles\UT3.

Does that mean that getting Domination working for a Steam migration is impossible?

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Many steam users have DOM working, afaik. I'm not sure as I don't have steam myself but the installer is meant to work fine with steam installations. When the Domination part of the install appears it asks you to specify your UT3 install dir - for most people that is e.g. C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 but if yours is different then you need to specify the location there. If you look in your installation dir, inside the UTGame\CookedPC directory there should be UTDom.u - is it there? Only Domination needs to be in the install dir - the rest of the content can go in the my documents area. You could download the zip package instead of the installer and try that (instructions in readme).

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
The actual location isn't the issue, it just needs to be installed in the game dir rather than the user dir. After you run the DOM installer you could just move the files it created in ProgramFiles\UT3 to the appropriate folders (typically rooted in [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\)

ScytheKnight

Jun 9, 2009
No dice, moved the files from the original install directory to the steam directory and Dom still isn't showing up in instant action menu....