Community Bonus Pack 3, Volume 2 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Heh, missed that. Fixed. ;)

Good to know that it is finished :) but how can you say its fixed, it says WIP on the image description. anyway..

I am trolling this thread vigilantly ;)

me too im looking at all the level designers portfolio.. I guess I am a Kami fan boy, when i see everyones work hes the only Lev Designer with levels Iv loved and played.. cant say that for the others.. not that I didnt like them... I just never seem to have had them.

But Mozi, I think that DM-Aquarius map is your greatest.. that was a masterpiece DM lev for UT2004..

very intersting.. I had no Idea how many more levels of Kami's Iv played.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Good to know that it is finished :) but how can you say its fixed, it says WIP on the image description. anyway..

me too im looking at all the level designers portfolio.. I guess I am a Kami fan boy, when i see everyones work hes the only Lev Designer with levels Iv loved and played.. cant say that for the others.. not that I didnt like them... I just never seem to have had them.

But Mozi, I think that DM-Aquarius map is your greatest.. that was a masterpiece DM lev for UT2004..

very intersting.. I had no Idea how many more levels of Kami's Iv played.

Thanks for the comments on BR- Aquarius surprised you liked it was kind of 'under the rug' compared to other CBP 2 maps... most people really enjoyed the classic Iron Maiden map and Painkiller... anyways I digress... it's always good to have a community inspiration, whoever it maybe...

but I do agree Kami and his bro are true level designer pimps... some of the best UT 3 work out there

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Thanks for the comments on BR- Aquarius surprised you liked it was kind of 'under the rug' compared to other CBP 2 maps... most people really enjoyed the classic Iron Maiden map and Painkiller... anyways I digress... it's always good to have a community inspiration, whoever it maybe...

but I do agree Kami and his bro are true level designer pimps... some of the best UT 3 work out there

Who his brother?

Lol so sorry, I got that map mixed up with a DM map that was In the CBP, from the pics on the site and the name i got it mixed up for a diferent map :S
I actully didnt like BR.
Sorry Mozi

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
LAME :lol: got my hopes all up as I had a fan of my past work.... no problem BR was a risky choice on my part too

His bro is N3odoc

N3odoc - really yeh thay are good. funny that.
yeh sorry about that.. that I feel bad bout that. :S im not even sure if it was called CTF-Aquarious it was in the CBP, with spoondogs CTF-Deep, it was like an under sea station collapsing

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Bazzwano said:
im not even sure if it was called CTF-Aquarious it was in the CBP, with spoondogs CTF-Deep, it was like an under sea station collapsing
You could be thinking of Sjosz's underwater ctf from ucmp (cool map), or the underwater DM in CBP by rich (had red caution trim everywhere, was fps intensive, but awesome big DM).

...probably the latter if its a collapsing station :)

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
You could be thinking of Sjosz's underwater ctf from ucmp (cool map), or the underwater DM in CBP by rich (had red caution trim everywhere, was fps intensive, but awesome big DM)

Time to get the facts... this is it.. sory its been some time i got mixed up..

DM-Tydal by Rich Black

A remnant from when man rushed to conquer the deep sea, the Tydal facility has lain dormant for decades, a decaying reminder of ages gone by.

tydal.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I'm getting 2 Warmachines showing up in the choosing menu as well as them both being demoguy. As well, they don't have legs.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
sigh...

don't know about the two war machines... seeing you were a tester, did you have an earlier version? the legs didn't show up for me initially with the earlier beta version. try resetting your character to default in-game, then quit, then delete your my docs\my games\unreal tournament 3\utgame\config\UTCustomChar.ini, and restart UT3.

I'm going to check this (again). I sincerely hope someone else from the team tried war machine from one of the beta packs.

btw what is this demoguy carry on? :p

Last edited:

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Hmm, just removed all reference to CBP3 and used the installer... warmachine works as intended.
Mr. UglyPants said:
I'm getting 2 Warmachines showing up in the choosing menu as well as them both being demoguy. As well, they don't have legs.
Anyone else finding this problem please let me know.

Last edited:

Blaaguuu

taunt pthrust
May 27, 2002
Earshot of monkeys
Visit site
I just played around in the DM maps for a while, and they all look great and play very well in general. Though I did find a few blocking and kill volumes that were in areas that I thought looked playable. Like the little ledges near the UDamage in Solar, as well as the invisible ceiling being low enough to hit your head when using the jump boots in atleast one area. And Decay has a couple collision issues... Like a pillar that you can walk right through, a few blocking volumes that just stop you dead where there is no visual barrier, the slanter roofs are a bit inconsistant... You can get onto a couple, but most are blocked... And there are a few ledges that I landed on that I dont think I was supposed to. But sorry to nit-pick... It's still a great pack!

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I have taken a look at the pack and I wanted to make some comments.
Firstly congrats to everyone for completing there map. its all great work!!

Some things stood out to me.. Kami, I was surprised to see Arean an all outside map.. the size of the level was over all larger I guess that's to suite UT3, anyway it was great I know Im going to love it again!! i was impressed to see some custom meshes there!! I also liked the way you used some of the meshes.

I once said thats it was sad to port a CTF map to DM, i still stand by this.. however I think after looking at solar, and the changes that you made I felt that you should enter it to the comp also.. as you have put quite some work into making it a DM level!

as for N3odoc, I was even more impressed by the meshes, did he make these? wow!! they really are what made the map.. that must have taken allot of planning and time!
this level was still quite impressive but something about it felt messy to me.. i think thats maybe the look he was going for. Dont get me wrong im very pickly with my maps and these 2 are the first to make it on my HDD and I feel they will stay there. Arean is definitely my kind of map though!!

Agonas was well made, but the theme just isn't for me..

umm Morgoth the was nice.. I would have liked to keep it but I just wish it had a post process volume that didn't make it look like I was playing with my detail level set to low. makes it look like UT2004. I thought that was sad to see it that way.

that rest was all great map.. but ill be keeping CTF-Arean and CTF-Vengeance from this pack.

Yay finally CTF maps I say, bout time there were some good ones for me Thanks guys :)

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
The maps were fine overall. The only issue I have is with the PS3 character models in particular KaT. There was a previous PS3 version and this version did not have any issues with the arms. Also you could choose from multiple bot configs as opponents as opposed to only the one in this pack and also as bot opponent here arms do not show up in game. Maybe if this wasn't carrying the CBP label I would not say anything but we all expect every piece of content in a CBP pack to be top notch so it would be nice to get an updated version that works correctly. And I don't think it is possible to re-install the old version without having to delete this pack which has the War Machine model. Maybe the best solution is to just package the War Machine model separately for now so that people can enjoy the new model while keeping the working KaT model package.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005

Dewd, you have to make a 1on1 DM map for UT3 , you're awesome at DM.

Anyway I got the pack and as expected Kami and N3o's maps were my favorite though Thor had a few collision issues and the sounds were too loud, but other than that it's really awesome. Decay had some serious item placement issues which kinda killed it for me, but I loved the visuals IMHO it's the best looking necris map. Vengeance and Arean were both spectacular, even though they are a bit overscaled. The other CTF maps are a bit on the average side when it comes to gameplay. Morgoth was a bit too hit scan dominant and the routes were too constricitive. Krodan looked nice but the ramps leading to the flags were really frustrating. Agonas has way too many routes so it's too easy to cap, and isn't really that fun to play because of it. Still haven't tried meditation.
And WTF happened to Desolation? I hope it's still being worked on.

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
Agonas has way too many routes so it's too easy to cap, and isn't really that fun to play because of it.

Thanx for your comment.

Well, i think its more funny with more routes cause its a little more hard for defending and i like. Also, there are some hot spots in the map.

Anyway, thats just a question of taste i guess ;)