CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Rob and some other guys have just set up a European pickup channel with a server from Multiplay.
It's the same system as justWARFARE's pickups. #mpukcod4.pickup - check it out. :)

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I don't know about you, but I always hear grenades when they land. It's a very clear *clink* sound.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Asset manager D: whats that :>
Part of the game's mod tools. I wanted to see how level editing went with in this game. Unfortunately it uses the Radiant editor which, after getting very familiar with UnrealEd, is completely unusable.

http://www.infinityward.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mod_Tools_Download_and_Revision_History

Stopping power isn't really a necessity in hardcore since any gun can get a kill in two shots. Quickness and accuracy, however, is very important, so it effectively invalidates the usage of shotguns, LMGs, and snipers. On maps of any substantial size, using an SMG can put you at a disadvantage as well. Something like the M16 or M4 will do you very well. I was using the M16 + double tap last night and the first map I played (Ambush) I went on a 15-kill streak. :)

I found it rather humorous that we had to communicate with teamsay who was using last stand. Yay, hardcore mode. :eek:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
T2A` said:
Unfortunately it uses the Radiant editor which, after getting very familiar with UnrealEd, is completely unusable.

True, I tried the modding tool, and I don't feel like doing anything from Radiant (Super modified version of Q3 engine?) itself. But it's not that I would refuse level design for CoD4.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
BTW, I know I posted this before, but there's 4 new, paid maps officially released for the PS3/Xbox 360. IW doesn't know how they are going to distribute them for the PC ATM.

One is out of SP-Broadcast with a few changes in the parking and a building at the front. A stupid map called Killhouse which resemble to R6V a lot. Basically just another small crap to brag about. One that resemble to Overgrown, and a chinatown called chinatown. :eek:

http://www.geekpulp.co.nz/2008/03/18/new-cod4-dlc-map-videos/

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Rob and some other guys have just set up a European pickup channel with a server from Multiplay.
It's the same system as justWARFARE's pickups. #mpukcod4.pickup - check it out. :)

What setup/gametypes do you run?

Stopping power isn't really a necessity in hardcore since any gun can get a kill in two shots.

True, unless you want to include killing through walls as well. The damage reduction goes up pretty quickly with medium sized walls. Even on hardcore, most of my classes have Stopping Power _and_ Deep Impact, so I'm sure those guys will drop after a single shot.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh yeah BTW, I had this crazy idea a while back, for a green perk. Something on the lines of "The Wild Call" which allows you to spawn a doggy that runs around at the nearest player when you have a 2 kill streak or something. That would be kick ass.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Oh yeah BTW, I had this crazy idea a while back, for a green perk. Something on the lines of "The Wild Call" which allows you to spawn a doggy that runs around at the nearest player when you have a 2 kill streak or something. That would be kick ass.

ha! Incorporating the hounds would kinda be funny.
They can be damn annoying in the single player mode. They often scare the poop out of me. (Maybe it's because I used to have a dog phobia)
btw. that'd be "call of the wild"

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
What setup/gametypes do you run?

It's a competitive setup, 5v5 S&D with PAM etc. All perks except Stopping Power and Bandolier are disabled. As are stun grenades.
All Assault Rifles are available, along with three SMGs(no P90 & Skorp), no LMGs, one shotty(semi-auto) and the two bolt action sniper rifles.

I'm not too fond of the setup myself. But as much as I hate both PAM and S&D, it's the way the competitive scene is played. So it's a good way to practise. :)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
screw the competetive scene. They always destroy games so they can be good at just point and click and think they are leet.