CEll Shading ??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Haykap

Sep 9, 2005
Hi, I am new to this forum, I just found it, after several attempts... I hope someone can hlep me or point me to a better direction to foloow...

I would like to know how to setup cell shading for the map.. I would like to get something like the XIII game mood.

Is there a way to get this done?
Anywhere I could read about this??

Thank you so much..

Richard.

StardogChampion

Dec 18, 2003
I think XIII only uses cell shading for its models, doesn't it? I think it does it by duplicating the model, scaling it up a bit, applying a black texture then flipping the normals.

For the maps I think they just used textures that were painted in a cartoony way.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Skin HikariOblivion for Diva model uses CellShading, and it's a perfect example of how the thing should be done. Thу affect is achieved via cubemaps, but I did not understood how exactly. Look on Atari forums somwhere either in Full or beta releases forums for "HikariOblivion" and you'll find the link to a model, so you can check it out.