2004 Most Wanted List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Gamespy posted their Most Wanted Games of 2004 list. Lumbering in at a distant 16 was none other than Unreal Tournament 2004. Kind of disappointing given the tremendous response from the demo... and I sort of have an idea UT2004 will rank much higher than that when the year is complete. Still, the Unreal Engine managed a pretty good showing taking #40 Ultima X: Odyssey, #16 Unreal Tournament 2004, #15 Thief III, and #11 Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
That list was done like a month and a half before the release of the demo. Tell Gamespy to do that list again, and we'll see how wanted UT2004 is now.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
  1. Half-Life 2 (PC)
  2. DOOM 3 (Xbox/PC)
  3. Halo 2 (Xbox)
  4. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
  5. Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
  6. Onimusha 3 (PS2)
  7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
  8. Battlefield Vietnam (PC)
  9. Fable (Xbox)
  10. Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
  11. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (PS2/Xbox/GCN/PC)
  12. True Fantasy Live Online (Xbox)
  13. The Movies (PC)
  14. The Sims 2 (PC)
  15. Thief III (Xbox/PC)
  16. Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)
  17. Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2/Xbox)
  18. Gradius V (PS2)
  19. World of Warcraft (PC)
  20. Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox/PC)
  21. Rome: Total War (PC)
  22. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)
  23. Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2/GCN)
  24. StarCraft Ghost (PS2/Xbox/GCN)
  25. Star Wars Battlefront (PS2/Xbox/PC)
  26. Joint Operations (PC)
  27. Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
  28. EverQuest II (PC)
  29. Pikmin 2 (GCN)
  30. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN)
  31. River City Ransom EX (GBA)
  32. Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
  33. Black & White 2 (PC)
  34. Siren (PS2)
  35. Far Cry (PC)
  36. City of Heroes (PC)
  37. Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (PC)
  38. Resident Evil: Outbreak (PC)
  39. Spiderman 2 (PC/GCN/PS2/Xbox)
  40. Ultima X: Odyssey (PC)

Unfortunatly, not a whole lot on there i'm looking forward to. The only one that has me really jazzed is UT2004 (duh). Some *might* be cool, but could very well suck too. Like...
-City of Heroes (neat sounding MMORPG concept, if they can pull it off)
-Black & White 2 (as long as it doesn't suck :lol: )
-Everquest 2 (never tried the first)
-Starcraft: Ghost (just because she's hot)
-World of Warcraft (Blizzard + MMO = win?)
-Thief 3 (assuming they don't pull another DX2...)
-Battlefield Vietnam (never really played BF1942... VN might be fun to get into)
-Gran Turismo 4 (cars = good, console = bad. Hmm...)
-Doom 3 and HL2 (of course.. gotta check out the other 800lb gorillas :D)

But I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Heh. That's ridiculous. UT2004 and Far Cry are the only games I'm looking forward to, and the only other one that seems to be worth the attention is Doom 3; but it should come after those two really.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Im looking forward to ut2k4, mostly for mods but ill play ons and as for a while, atleast untill something else comes out to play while i wait for the real 2k4 goods... the mods. Im sure that most people are more hyped about alot of those games than ut2k4, then there are alot of people like me who are more focused on mods than the actually game themselves (i hate sp games usually) and tbh most of those games havent impressed me, engine wise, but i bet they are nice, its just yet to be seen how well they can be used.

I personally cant wait to see whats done with the sticky grenades and spider mines code. Vehicles alone will probably be awsome to see whats made, and imo theres a heavy chance that some mod will pop up and overrun the ut2k4 vanilla playerbase by a large margin that contains awsome vehicles (dc anyone?).

ATM ut2k4 is on the top of my i want list, but mainly for mods, from a default gameplay standpoint many of those games would come first. I dotn really like alot of ut's themes for playermodels and maps, i really dont like alot of the guns and judging by the ammount of complaining about every server being ig and no vanilla ut server in 2k3 i dont feel alone at all.

MODS!!MODS!!MODS!!MODS!!MODS!!

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
i would think if they asked again.. (who the hell did they ask in the first place? i cant stand Gamespy and the majority of kids that go there anyhow?) i would think 2k4 would rate a good bit higher.
i mean seriously.. who the hell did they poll that put The Movies and The Sims 2 on that list at all? not gamers like you'd find here surely.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Did I miss it or is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. not in this list? Yet Half-Life 2 takes its place at the top? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. offers at least as much as HL2 does, maybe more as we've already seen a few games from the HL franchise and I, for one, wasn't impressed for more than a couple of minutes.

Juguard's right, the list was made about a month ago I think, but even so....

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Could have been a lot worse...

Well, if you remove the non PC games (which don't matter to me at all), UT2004 is 8th. Which isn't too bad, especially considering the tremendous "drag factor" of UT2003's public image...